PDA

View Full Version : kfx700?

milburn
10-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Anybody have one ? My wife wants something with an auto tranny so we rode one at the dealer today but i don't know. so wanting to know any bad and good info on one.

Allen
10-22-2006, 01:50 AM
I've never had one but I've ridden one a few times. They have a ton of power and really comfortable if you do a lot of trail riding. As far as reliability and maintenance my buddy swears by it....someone who owns one should be able to key you in on that.

Heybo
10-22-2006, 07:41 AM
I've owned one for three years and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I ride my Cannondale Moto to race but I love the 700 for trails and dunes. Don't get me wrong, the 700 is a good jumper.......I've jumped mine over 80 ft on several occasions. I have +2 a-arms, 2+2 axle, all three Ohlins fully adjustable shocks, and HMF dual exhaust on mine. When my wife goes riding with us, she always claims the 700 and I ride the Moto. On big air jumps, if you hit the gas right as you land, it will soften the landing considerably. The 700 is great for trail riding and it has tons of pulling power if you ever have to pull anything with it.

Rider-trx_250ex
10-22-2006, 10:23 AM
we were all racing in a parking lot and this guys 700 smoked everything, 250ex, modded 400's, piped 450's

firefighterjosh
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM
They sound so awesome piped! I see them at teh XC races and the only one I noticed drop out at the ironman was one with a broken ball joint, tie rod or something in the front end. (musta hit a tree or something lol)

wildheer
11-07-2006, 11:16 AM
My friend has had one for a couple of years. we ride together a lot and i have ridden it a few times. It is very powerful and smooth. it rides like a cadillac. you sit up higher. it has many good characteristics of a sport quad but is much more comfortable and less strenuous to drive. However the guy below that said it smoked everything is DEFINITELY FOS and steering you the wrong way. My completely stock 450r blows it away easily. It will handle my 400ex pretty well though. I think it is a great choice for someone who doesnt quite want a 4X4 style but doesn't quite want a little racer either.

Rider-trx_250ex
11-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by wildheer
My friend has had one for a couple of years. we ride together a lot and i have ridden it a few times. It is very powerful and smooth. it rides like a cadillac. you sit up higher. it has many good characteristics of a sport quad but is much more comfortable and less strenuous to drive. However the guy below that said it smoked everything is DEFINITELY FOS and steering you the wrong way. My completely stock 450r blows it away easily. It will handle my 400ex pretty well though. I think it is a great choice for someone who doesnt quite want a 4X4 style but doesn't quite want a little racer either.

Don't say I'm FOS when you weren't there, I saw what I saw.;)

Quadfather
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I had one. It was badass. Gobs of power and torque.

JRP
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
They sound so awesome piped! I see them at teh XC races and the only one I noticed drop out at the ironman was one with a broken ball joint, tie rod or something in the front end. (musta hit a tree or something lol)

they sound like a harley:devil:

Rider-trx_250ex
11-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JRP

with the supptrap exhaust they sound like jet turbines, just not as loud as one:devil:

JRP
11-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh

Quadfather
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I had Yoshi duals on mine. It sounded nothing like a Harley. It didn't leak oil all over the garage floor, either.

CannondaleRider
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
Don't say I'm FOS when you weren't there, I saw what I saw.;)

You need to consider rider ability buddy.....

Rider-trx_250ex
11-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
You need to consider rider ability buddy.....

The guy on the 700 just bought the quad a couple months before and the other guys had there quads for 3 plus years, the 700 beat them and they even admitted it it was a short drag race and the 700 beat them all in acceleration by a mile. they never had a chance to catch up before the track ended