PDA

View Full Version : 300EX problem...

01TRX300EX
09-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Lately whenever I try to get into neutral it always goes into 2nd gear, I know you have to half click, but it only goes into neutral when I stall the engine, then I put it in neutral, I was wondering if I might have something wrong with my transmission. Thanks.

MeatHead
09-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Sometimes to get mine to go into neutral I have to let the clutch out just until it starts to grab, then pull it back in. Then it will go right into neutral for me. But I also have to do this to get it into 1st sometimes. So your problem might be different.

Live2Ride300
09-07-2002, 12:05 PM
Try revving the engine a little, then trying to click into neutral, mine has done this before, maybe like 5 times. Try that and see if it works.

2K1 300EX
09-07-2002, 02:31 PM
Yeah try revving it up a little and when you let off the throttle try it. Mine has this problem(clutch handle bent) and it works for me.

Houser Cannondale
09-07-2002, 02:33 PM
mine does that alot mostly when its cold... i just rev it up a little in gear and slip the clutch a little.. kinda frees it up and it goes right into netrual. its because the clutch drags some when its cold and it makes it hard to go into neutral.

quaddict53
09-07-2002, 07:30 PM
You need to adjust your clutch. If you can't get into neutral or if it jumps foward when you pop it into gear with the clutch in, try adjusting your clutch at the lever. If this doesn't works you may need a new clutch. Hope this works.

QuadFixer
09-07-2002, 08:01 PM
sounds like the tranny isn't broken in yet, changing the tranny oil may help, im not too sure on that one. i wouldnt consider that a big problem, look at the bright side, you can still get it into neutral. every quad is different, but equal in it's own way.

$$$moneyex
09-07-2002, 09:33 PM
my neighbors lt250 has that problem but when he shuts it off he can get it in to neutral. but that thing is as old as i am. and its ****

01TRX300EX
09-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I have tried revving it up a little and slipping the clutch and that stuff, I believe I may need a new clutch because it also jumps when I put it in gear and it has been adjusted, the way my brother's rides the 300 I wouldn't doubt that it needs a new one, he is always in to high of a gear and slipping the clutch, I think since his 250 doesnt have a clutch he just tries to make up for it on mine and he abuses it, oh and I change my oil regularly so I don't think that's the problem. So this means one more thing I need to buy for the 300EX, which is ok, does anyone make a hydraulic clutch for a 300EX?

Houser Cannondale
09-08-2002, 11:19 AM
i dont see how a worn out clutch could make it jump into gear... does anybody know about that??? i would think it would just slip all the time and feel mushy maybe. usually mine just jumps into gear if i havent rode it for a week or two and the clutch plates kind of stick together. but it only does it the first time i put it into gear.

kicken250x
09-08-2002, 02:26 PM
with the clutch being worn wouldnt it make it easier to get into grar because it owuldnt has as much to grab when you pull thw clutch in? that is the way all the yahamas i have ever ridin are,you cant hardly get them into nutrial but if you rev it a little like they said it clicks right in. i dont know why this is all i know is that i does it. later...

danney f
09-08-2002, 02:53 PM
I had the same problem than I installed a new clutch and it goes into neutral real easy. The clutch is what relieves the preasure that the motor is putting on the tranny, so you can shift from one gear to another with ease.