PDA

View Full Version : Changing tire on Hiper's?

rollie
10-21-2006, 07:15 PM
How do you change the tire on a Hiper beadlock? is it the same as an aluminum beadlock? what about the non-beadlock fronts? do you take the tire off the same way you would on a normal wheel or is it differnt

thanks

NacsMXer
10-22-2006, 11:14 AM
It's pretty much the same as changing tires on normal beadlocks. It is MUCH easier to install tires on dual beadlock Hipers however...piece of cake. I installed mine in my bedroom on my nice carpet lol. I don't have experience with the non-beadlock fronts but I can't imagine them being any different than regular rims, there's really not that much to it.

gtilley45
10-22-2006, 12:04 PM
I carried my old fronts to a tire store to get them to break the bead off the fronts. I don't have a bead breaker so I couldn't do it myself. I just made sure they understood that the wheels were a carbon fiber composite and they would break. I had to go to 3 different tire stores before I found one that was willing to do it when I told them what the wheels cost.

x.system
10-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I just dismounted my hipers last week and the fronts were the easyest beadlocks I've done yet. I don't have a bead breaker yet so I had my younger brother drive my truck over the tire as I held it in place, 2 passes and they were broke free. The rear duel beadlocks are a even easyer. Took me about an hour to dismount and mount new rubber on all 4.