PDA

View Full Version : pictures of powder coating ovens?

AtvMxRider
10-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Who here has made thier own PC oven? Got any tips or pictures?

AtvMxRider
10-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Nobody's made their own oven?:confused:

wvspeedfreak
10-22-2006, 03:13 PM

wilkin250r
10-22-2006, 03:16 PM
They're not birdhouses, it's not like you can just slap them together with plywood and screws.

How many people did you expect to make there own ovens?

AtvMxRider
10-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
They're not birdhouses, it's not like you can just slap them together with plywood and screws.

I forgot who I was dealing with:ermm:

MOFO
10-22-2006, 03:24 PM

...while they are not birdhouses, which is fairly obvious, I'm sure there are people out there that have successfully built their own PC ovens - especially on an ATV website where PC'ing is the "hot item" or "mod".

I was keeping any eye on this because I'm curious myself. :ermm:

AtvMxRider
10-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
...while they are not birdhouses, which is fairly obvious, I'm sure there are people out there that have successfully built their own PC ovens - especially on an ATV website where PC'ing is the "hot item" or "mod".

I was keeping any eye on this because I'm curious myself. :ermm:

Thank you Eric:devil:

MOFO
10-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Thank you Eric:devil:

:confused:

Out of the 50 million "questionable" questions (Open Forum), I thought this is a legitimate post - which is a question I was waiting to see what answers came out due to my own curiosity.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people taking apart "home" ranges and expanding them while controlling the temp's and airflow.

Mxjunkie
10-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I remeber a couple members off the site were using old ovens they got at yard sales..

Pappy
10-22-2006, 04:12 PM
You can search google and find a few that are homemade. the problem is that most folks refuse to build them correctly, they add no circulation and have no idea how to get the correct amount of intake air volume and exhaust volume so you end up building a giant convection oven which works, but doesnt really do what one would want for a professional job.

Me, I bought one.

joeb23
10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
do you have any pictures of yours pappy?

Pappy
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
I will see if I have one, but you can look at the ones posted on www.eastwoodcompany.com website, its very similair in design to theres.

AtvMxRider
10-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Kenny is that Hot coat powder coater that eastwood sell any good?

Pappy
10-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Ive seen people post them made of wood(not the smartest option)

Ive seen tin roofing and aluminum foil ovens. (not sure but you may want to rething having that type of oven if you want to coat for people)

When i first started I was open to any option i could find so I understand why people do these things. My biggest fear was FIRE! I used the oven at Burgards for a full year before I had enough saved to buy a commercial oven.

Pappy
10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Kenny is that Hot coat powder coater that eastwood sell any good?

Its ok for a starter gun. You can do alot of parts with it. The biggest advantage to (excuse the term) real guns are the way they fluidize the powder and the increased charging capacity. Mine holds a 55 pound box of powder, has a vibrator that keeps powder flowing, all the bells and whistles. For hobbby stuff most any of the guns on the market will get someone started.