PDA

View Full Version : prerunner suspension

450robot
10-21-2006, 05:04 PM
well, this weekend we got rid of my ford ranger (old beat-up and high mileage) and bought a nice 97 explorer 4x4 (might i add, only 15k miles)

this kinda put dampers on my prerunner build up plans, but im still gonna try to make it work, i have found a few companies who can set me up with some LT arms and fixes for the rear suspension

for shocks, i know i can ask them for a setup, but i have a question about the different types

i know there are coil-overs, like atvs

but there are also the non-coil overs, i have a question about them. do they work on pressure? or do they use a seperately mounted coil?

and what about airshocks?

yellowzo3
10-21-2006, 05:17 PM
what are some of the companies for these? like fox shocks for trucks? if it were me i would stick with conventional SAW or Kings. i would call camburg or a reputable company and ask them what would be best. what are the price differences?

Rico400
10-21-2006, 05:22 PM
we had fox air shocks on our 02 ford. it was a rough ride on the road, but they were awesome. good luck with ur project

450robot
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
what are some of the companies for these? like fox shocks for trucks? if it were me i would stick with conventional SAW or Kings. i would call camburg or a reputable company and ask them what would be best. what are the price differences?

haha, i was talking with camburg today, they said the 4x4 would make room kinda iffy for a bigger coil shock, but they are gonna see what they can do

atvRiDa400ex
10-21-2006, 07:51 PM
i like the fabtech setup that my dads friend got

firefighterjosh
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
http://www.dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi

Mxjunkie
10-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Just wondering why are you building a pre runner in PA

PA is mud bog, rock crawl central lol