PDA

View Full Version : Problem starting

300ex_#387
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm putting back together my 300 after my rebuild, and i've got my wiring harness and everything on, but it wont start. My nuetrel light wont come on and its getting nothing. It's not buzzing, wont turn over its not doing anything. I've went over the harness 4 or 5 times and its on right im sure. I've grinded off all the powdercoat where the grounds are. I've taken a wire brushn to the terminals more than once. I really don't know what else to do. I left my key on while changing the fuse and when I put the new on in it made a spark and popped if that tells you anything. I also changed the spark plug. Any ideas anyone?

300ex_#387
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
I can also get it to turn over if I jump it through the relay. Anyone have ANY ideas?

N300exJ
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I think i found my problem. I dont have a neutral indicator hooked up! LOL I got all the parts i need coming. If your neutral light doesnt come on that might be the problem. your wiring is damaged or something is wrong with the lil indicators that thread into the right side case. the lil guys at the bottom. I would check that out. thats all i can think of for my problem.

300ex_#387
10-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks I already checked that though. I'm guessing its a short somewhere I just can't find it. I'm just going to take it in the shop tuesday and hopefully get to the track next weekend. I havent rode in 2 months and I have a race in 2 weeks.

honda965
10-22-2006, 05:55 PM
as dumb as it sounds check ur battery

300ex_#387
10-22-2006, 06:31 PM
If I can jump it through the relay, i'm sure the battery is fine. Thanks anyway

kyleschonert
10-23-2006, 06:31 PM
take your time stremme. you wont be able to race anyway. The limit is no one older than 15 years old in the 200/300 class. You'll just have to race the C class if you go. Sam called down their and left me a voice mail to break the bad news. Thats really pretty gay. Hurry up on this dern rebuild, i wanna see this thing. lol

300ex_#387
10-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm going to run beginner class to kyle, and I should have had full pics today, but my freakin a arms didnt come in. Yeah Sam told me the bad new, but hey...I can look 15 ;) . If my a arms come in tomorrow I will have some full pics. I might just wait untill I get everything polished up OR I might make you wait till the 4th..who knows....lol Ohh and i'm curious too see yours too kyle....but I can wait till sturgis

kyleschonert
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
lol. i wont be their at the 4th fool. lol. football playoffs. i kinda hope i wont be their until way after, like after November 28, we've got a very good chance of goin to state. So i'll probably miss the first 3 arenaxrosses. Which sucks b/c then i'll have to go to murray to hit all seven.

300ex_#387
10-23-2006, 06:45 PM
lol well in that case I will be sure to get you some pics. Good luck to you guys, I know it prolly feels good to have a winning team....cough wish I knew cough :rolleyes: Hey this weekend if its not muddy I should be at bone gap if you want to meet up kyle, and get some seat time on that ltr. Lemme know...