PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson riders

jwick07
10-21-2006, 08:44 AM
So the time came for me to let the 450R go since it had set on the jack stand for 8 months with out even being started. So on Tuesday I traded it in on a 2007 Dyna Street Bob.

So are there any forms out there for Harley as good as this one?

Ruby Soho
10-21-2006, 08:55 AM
my dad used to be really big in to harley's.

he had like 4 of them.

i only know that he had a pan head.

10-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Nice bike. I like the colors. My dad was/is very into Harleys, back in the 70's and the 80s he was like a hardcore biker. He had a 96 Sportster,62 Pan Head, and Im taking a guess a 83? sportster. He had to sell them tho. Hes getting a new one next year, hes older now so hes getting a road king:o

When I'm older(only 16 now) I want to get one. Either a Sportster or a bike from 1988, I forgot the model name but its got the spring front end, not like the one they have now tho, it looks better. Ill post a pic if I find one

A A R O N
10-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Nothing against you guys as people lol, but *** **** I hate harleys. Everytime I follow one I just want to hop out and stuff a rag in the pipes. Plus, I always hear so many stories about how expensive they are to fix and maintain and wonder if it's worth it to have the name on the side of your bike. I'm more of an import driver/rider for some reason. Better gas mileage cars, more reliable bikes I suppose. Sorry in advance for my comments:p

HiperEX
10-21-2006, 12:53 PM
nice bike my friend picked up a street bob this summer real nice bike im looking to pick myself up a 07 night train this spring

400exMO
10-21-2006, 01:00 PM
That bikes looks good! Any plans for it?

Mxjunkie
10-21-2006, 06:18 PM
www.hdforums.com

heres ours.. :)

120ish at the rear wheel out of a 95cui.. alot of work.

Caseys 300ex
10-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
Nothing against you guys as people lol, but *** **** I hate harleys. Everytime I follow one I just want to hop out and stuff a rag in the pipes. Plus, I always hear so many stories about how expensive they are to fix and maintain and wonder if it's worth it to have the name on the side of your bike. I'm more of an import driver/rider for some reason. Better gas mileage cars, more reliable bikes I suppose. Sorry in advance for my comments:p

Unreliable my a**. My dads Harley is a 2003 Anniversery model and hes got to Wisconsin and to Sturgis, SD twice and the sucker runs like its brand new. He hasnt had a problem until this year when his battery went dead. So i dont get where you think there unreliable. Plus they sound awsome.

jwick07
10-22-2006, 01:52 PM
I plan on adding some highway pegs and a different seat that is puts my butt two inches higher and back because I'm almost 6'4".
Then maybe a set of pipes but I also hate loud pipes. I

To the A A R O N. Yes it is worth to my to have Harley Davidson on my gas tank because my bike ten years from now will still be worth thousands of dollars and your crotch rocket rice burner will be worth hundreds. The shop had a 99 softtail that had 50,000 miles on it and it was still priced at 11 grand, and a 2004 yamaha with just a few thousand on it for 4 grand so you tell me which is a better investment.

And if you have never ridden a Harley words cant even discribe the feeling of that big V twin and 1550cc's plus the women love the feeling it gives them if U pick up what I'm thrown down. And maybe you need to do a little home work 53 mpg on the streetbob.

A A R O N
10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I'll give you the investment part, but homework....I'm pretty sure I said better gas mileage "cars".

I'm not going to argue with anybody, I just prefer other things.

And casey, I would hope that Harley is still running strong....it's an 03. If I spent that kind of money I would expect my bike to last that long without any problems of significance.

Caseys 300ex
10-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Ya its 03 but that bike has alot of miles on it. Im not trying to pick fights here but im just saying that the Harley is a great bike. but to each his own.:ermm:

BigFish
10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Here's my 95th anniversary fatboy, and my girlfriend's sportster.

I like how alot of people, mainly younger kids, talk **** about Harleys. Believe me, I've had both crotch rockets and harleys, and If I had to choose, the harley would win about every time. Sure, its not the fastest or most high-tech bike out, but it is the most comfortable and fun to just get on and ride. As far as reliability, no problems more problems than anything else. I've turned WAY more wrenches on my blackbird than on either harley. Plus, NOTHING sounds better than a big harley v-twin w/ a crazy cam;)

...plus, if anyone wants to talk crap about your harley, u just kindly remind them that it prolly costs 5x more than whatever they are riding

BigFish
10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
and here's the blackbird just for comparison;)

Mxjunkie
10-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I want your garage! nice 400ex, clean fatboy, nice sporty and that blackbird jesus :p

A A R O N
10-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I want your garage! nice 400ex, clean fatboy, nice sporty and that blackbird jesus :p

Don't forget the yardman.

Abrannan19
10-23-2006, 02:48 PM
My Dad's 2005 HD Deuce He loves it and it is very reliable..espically since it is FI!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/Abrannan19/DSC02227.jpg

My 2004 Big Dog Pitbull Rigid. No problems so far just rolled 5k.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/Abrannan19/DSC016581.jpg

BigFish
10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Sweet bikes ^^^^^^^^^

AARON, the mower is my pride and joy.

$150 bucks for the mower
$5 beer holder
$3.50 african engineered push button starting.

...having the sweetest white trash riding mower on the block

...Priceless:cool:

10-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Nice bikes. With the that whole unreliable thing, the bikes from the 80s when Harley was owned by AMF were only unreliable. The new bikes are sooooo reliable.
And jwick07 is right, Harley's have amazing resale value.

I cant wait to turn 18 so I can get my motorcycle license.

mx3mom
10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Have you ever heard the expression:
IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND ANYWAY?
Harley's are great, nothing more relaxing than going for a ride, especially with several other Harley enthusiasts. We have two and so far they have been very reliable. I agree with one of the previous comments that when AMF owned them they were crap. We used to own one of those also. As far as resale value goes, can't be beat. I kept a Sportster for 4 years and sold it for more than I paid for it. I have a Fat Boy now and have turned down several offers on it for more than I paid for it. So yeah I think the Harley's are like money in the bank as far investments. To the guy who started this thread wanting to know of Harley forums, sorry dude, I don't know of any. Most of us (who own Harleys) put in a lot of hours at work in order to play on the weekends.