PDA

View Full Version : Dobeck Controller

True Blue
10-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Guys just wanted to let you know if you run a dobeck TFI controller and you have a pipe and K&N your settings will be about maxed out.
I called and talked to Matt at Dobeck. He is taking my controller and putting in a double fuel map which will almost double the orignal settings.
This doesn't cost anything but shipping charges. I am sending in mine since I am putting on dual exhaust. Here's his email address.
mstoxen@techlusion.com
Good luck.

10-21-2006, 05:35 AM
put some pics up when you get the duels on:eek2:

True Blue
10-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I will. It will be about two weeks for the pipe to come in. When I get it dynoed I will share the results.

sikraptor700
10-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I know allot of guys running pipes and intakes with there dobecks, some even with lte's with no issues.

I have a HMF full pipe and gytr intake, no lid

and im running, 4,7,8,7 with room to spare for a cam and porting

MaxxRPM
10-23-2006, 04:10 PM
I pretty much run the same thing as Sik and my Dobeck is a long way from being maxxed out. I'm currently at 3:30-6:30-5-9.

True Blue
10-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Have you had it dynoed to see if you are running lean or not! If you haven't you might want to check.
I have a prodesign intake with no box, so I am getting a lot more air in. My jetting setting is maxed out. By adding duals I most likely will have to put more fuel into it.
It was just some input for you guys if you fun future mods on your bike and need to get more fuel out of it. I will still keep everyone posted when it is done.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-25-2006, 08:57 AM
We we the power commander on all the efi atvs. I find there is allot more tuning options with this controller.

True Blue
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I have heard that too. But I have also heard that when you do something different to your bike you have to wait for a new map to be sent to you. I have heard it sometimes takes quit a while. I like to set my as I mod up.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-30-2006, 09:38 AM
The fuel requirements for the 700 and the 734 bigbore kits are the same so the maps that are available work just fine. I have used these maps on std bore high compression motors with cams air box mods and full pipes and have had great results

True Blue
10-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Are you running the dobeck controller. I have had it dynoed and the jetting dial is turned all the way up to keep it from running lean.
What do you think about running the dobeck but with a dual fuel map in it? Matt at dobeck said it will almost double the factory settings. Let me know, I am also thinking about the trinity 734 kit sometime down the road. Any input would be great.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
By running a dual map setup in one of the plug and play controllers is doing just that doubling the stock fuel settings. This in not the best way to make power in an EFI bike. Does it work sure but it is no better than jetting up a carb you have no real control over what is going on. In truth there are palces in the map that you need to decrease fuel from stock to gain the best performance and with the maps i the power commander this can and is done.

To answer your question yes we have used the Dobeck control on an LTR450 it is better than running a pipe without changing anthing but not as good as the PC. My customer used it as a tempary controller unit. Until I get his 542 stroker with nitrous done to the LTR at which time we will have to use the BossNoss controller

I have written a tech artical for ATVRIDERS on the difference in efi controllers and there benefits and am just waiting for Harlen to get it up.

If I am not mistaken trinity is boring that kit into the stock cylinder without a sleeve. JE doesn't recommend going that far for reliablity reasons. You can safely use the 714cc 12.5:1 kit in the stock cylinder. The machine works and replate runs $250 and the piston is $155 Going this route is much cheaper than trinity kit at $620