PDA

View Full Version : Laeger's YZ 426 for sale

matt250r21
10-20-2006, 06:42 PM
I got this quad from Justin, jrspawn in Feb of this year. Its got only about 8 hrs on it since I bought it from him. Its real nice but I just can't get used to the 4 stroke. Its a full Laeger's YZ not a conversion, +4 pro trax t-pin, CR 500 link, flip top subframe and full TC ported 426. Too much other stuff to list, but it has it all, probably cost $30,000 new. I would like to get at least $10,000 for it, dose this seem right to you guys or has the price bottomed out on these too like the 250R has?

spanky101
10-20-2006, 10:39 PM
not to offend you bro but i dont think you will get close to 10g. my guess is 7-8.

gtilley45
10-22-2006, 08:23 AM
WOW!!! That is a nice quad, I wish I could buy it.

Want a CRF? LOL. :D

MX450
10-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Deff not going to get 10k for it, folks are having a hard time getting that out of full mx production quads, and hybrids and 250rs are deff not going for that anymore

I would geusss around 7-8 maybe. And id get some better updated pictures of it, those pics are from when the owner before jrspawn had it.

Ripitupfilms
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
thats your opinion ,, keep it to yourself.. the quads JRspawn builds are amazing and are nothing but the best of components

jrspawn
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Bling bling:eek2:

matt250r21
10-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks, atvracer9m. I think it is worth at least $10,000. I remember not to long ago my old racing buddy Gil Attix sold his Walsh hybrid for $19,000, and that was after a year of pro MX racing. Its wierd how lots of people think the new 450s are so much better, THERE NOT. Thanks for the pic Justin.

jrspawn
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Def. one of the nicest hybrids i have owned. Pics dont do it justice!

Ripitupfilms
10-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Justin which engine do you preferr more the 426 or the 450.. .. also how much foam do u take off the seat..

jrspawn
10-25-2006, 05:36 PM
My favorite engine out there is the YZ450f. You cant beat it, but the yz426 is also right there with it. I like how the 426 is powered more like a two stroke with the higher rpm power cruves.

I like to be as low as i can in a quad really, so most of the time i shave a good bit off of the foam. On my wlash quads i run a special seat foam though, VERY VERY soft, which helps lower me down some too.

Justin

MX450
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by matt250r21
Thanks, atvracer9m. I think it is worth at least $10,000. I remember not to long ago my old racing buddy Gil Attix sold his Walsh hybrid for $19,000, and that was after a year of pro MX racing. Its wierd how lots of people think the new 450s are so much better, THERE NOT. Thanks for the pic Justin.

Im sure it is worth that much, i wasnt saying its not, im only saying your most likely not going to get that out of it. You can post it all over ebay, atv scene, all the centrals, but you prob wont get that for it, there might be a couple people that would buy it but they are few and far between. And as far as the production 450s go, I dont think they are better, but most of the poeple who are spending that much on quads want productions bikes.

Take this for expample, there was a guy Rick Hart, all over the forums trying to sell a FULL laegers CRF, and this thing was FRESH. Very nice ride. He tried and tried to sell it for around 9k. I think someone FINally bought it but now they are trying to sell it. And from what ive seen, it seems like folks like the CRF hybrids more than the YZs. Im not saying the CRF is better, but alot of people like those more than the YZs.

And to atvracer9m, I am aware that Justin builds very nice quads, I dont disagree with that, but he didnt BUILD this quad, he just owned it (correct me if im wrong justin) I wasnt saying he doesnt build nice rides i was saying that it probly wont sell for 10k

(btw, heres a pic of the laegers crf Rick couldnt get 10 for.

MX450
10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh yea, and whoever bought Gil Attix's walsh for 19k was one of the few and far betweens.

Here is a walsh/axis crf that sold for 14K, and didnt even have a season of racing on it. This thing was PCed down to the nuts and bolts!

They just dont sell for what theyre worth. Thats all im trying to say.

jrspawn
10-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey, you are right, i didnt build the laeger's quad. Mearly changed a few things here and there. And you are also right about them not bringing what they are worth now days, due to the overly flooded market of used race atv's. But, to the right person, and someone that knows what they are getting, they are still worth every penny! Within the past year or so everything's resalve value has buckled almost in half in most cases. Its good for buyers:D , bad for sellers:( A little over a year ago and back, it was nothing to bring over 15,000-20,000 on full true hybrids. It cost almost 30,000 to build most of them. And then the Politics came into the sport, Production quads and rules!!!! lol, sorry kinda how i feel though:D And made it into a money marketing sport, which for the sport is a good thing as it progresses. All in all about this, any of the full true Walsh and Laeger hybrids are worth every penny they were to build, once you have ridden one that is correctly setup, you can then understand. Is it easy to get the money back out of them? Unfortunetly not always, but never bash a guy(not saying anyone did) over a price.

Justin

MX450
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
THANK YOU justin! I wasnt trying to bash anyone, the guy asked if we thought he could get that much, I stated my opinion, and then was told to keep it too myself.

Just clearing things up, im not on here to make enemys, just stating my opinion, based on what Ive seen sell or not sell.

CTmxyfz
10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
my buddy Jim Schiavo built that crf450 bike and he never even rode it once! The bike is absolutely stupidly sick. I remember watching him build that thing. Its nuts!

KingpinsEx
10-27-2006, 02:15 PM
o.O that is one amazing CRF HYBRID!!

blazinmoto
10-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Any more pics of the Walsh crf? That is friggin sick!!!

cbr
10-28-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah, i'd like to see a 'good pipeside' photo of that blue laeger if you have one for my wallpaper. that blue lager crf is kick arse!!