PDA

View Full Version : gncc'ers need your help

jfarrar30
10-20-2006, 06:02 PM
not sure if im gonna stick with mx or go gncc or just stop racing altogether but have a few questions for the guys racing gncc.
1. what are you doing to your airboxes to get the machine to breath and keeping thing sealed to the elements at the same time?

2. whats a good tire choice?

3. front beadlocks necessary?

4. any tricks or tips feel free to ramble

5.any pics?

goldrims04
10-30-2006, 03:10 PM
i have my ltr setup for gncc see the list of mods. below i run sometimes 20 to 22 inch tires in the rear and 23 inch in the front i love this setup

700bRad
10-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but hey Gold Rims, just wondering how your LTR does in the woods, ive been thinking about building an LTR myself aimed for the woods. What all was necassary to get afermarket before it was ready?

bigbadbubba
10-30-2006, 04:26 PM
it depends on skill,

if ur good enought to manover throught the obstticals on the 49inch width then no need to shorten
if not then go with the -1- -2 a arms,
same with axle
a stabilzer would help with fatigue
same with bars and a stem with antivibe
and revalved shocks from i shock for about 300 would do nicely

so ur looking at any where from , nothing, to 1k, to about 2k it all depends how good u are

TRXDresh
10-31-2006, 12:07 PM
First thing that needs to be done is you need to get a Stabilizer (for some reason, the steering can really beat you up). I just got a Precision, and I love it. Next you need to get some 4-1 offset wheels for the front (I have non-beadlock Douglass Ultimates). This will take you down to 47in. Where the front goes, the rear will follow. Next I would go with an axle that you can adjust. I would then go for some shocks or a rebuild, and maybe some Flexx bars.

I finally put shocks, stabilizer, and axle on mine and it rocks. The bike is so stable in the woods and around corners.

csimp3
10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by jfarrar30

1. what are you doing to your airboxes to get the machine to breath and keeping thing sealed to the elements at the same time?

ive never had one but i know k&n makes a filter that completley replaces for airbox lid, so the whole lid is a filter, maybe wanna check that out

goldrims04
10-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Sorry to hijack the thread but hey Gold Rims, just wondering how your LTR does in the woods, ive been thinking about building an LTR myself aimed for the woods. What all was necassary to get afermarket before it was ready? not much really just beefed up rims and tires thats all i love the stock suspension (after some adjusting )and the width for me is just fine no problem.butm i bet someone will argue this fact

goldrims04
10-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by csimp3
ive never had one but i know k&n makes a filter that completley replaces for airbox lid, so the whole lid is a filter, maybe wanna check that out i run mine airbox wide open with a uni filter of coursed oiled and as far as those breathable covers water still gets throught those but as far as the air box being wide open for me i havent had a problem yet.just dont go thought a pond or real deep water. i go though rivers and stuff and mud just keep ur filter always clean

goldrims04
10-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TRXDresh
First thing that needs to be done is you need to get a Stabilizer (for some reason, the steering can really beat you up). I just got a Precision, and I love it. Next you need to get some 4-1 offset wheels for the front (I have non-beadlock Douglass Ultimates). This will take you down to 47in. Where the front goes, the rear will follow. Next I would go with an axle that you can adjust. I would then go for some shocks or a rebuild, and maybe some Flexx bars.

I finally put shocks, stabilizer, and axle on mine and it rocks. The bike is so stable in the woods and around corners. i heard great things about the stablizers but for me i put 23inch tires on the front with good setup suspension and i am real stble to so this is the cheap alternitive