PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust

jt29
10-20-2006, 02:27 PM
I bought a used pro circuit T-4 slip on, I need help with two items.

The first is were the slip on and stock header come together, there is some play between the two. The pipe did come with a clamp but that does not tighen the stock header and pipe down. Is there another clamp or gasket that I can use to make a good seal.

The second question is there some type of spacer that goes between the sub frame and pipe on the top mount? Here is a pic I hope it works.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/ped0050a948e368bb9a6e46cefcd2d7d7/ec6e56f6.jpg

BigFish
10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm not real familiar w/ the pro circuit exhaust, but it kind of seems like u got the slip on from a full system and are trying to make it work w/ the stock header. Not sure though

Pappy
10-20-2006, 05:14 PM
yes, there should have been a spacer for the rear mount

id agree with bigfish on the headpipe

ImplodedMindZ
10-20-2006, 06:52 PM
well for the spacer problem, measure the aproximate size the spacer should be and go to home depot or maybe lowes too and in their big draws of wierd stock (bolt,washers,nuts,etc) there are spacers. i am pretty sure they have aluminum or steel ones.

jt29
10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks for your help. For the spacer I just wanted to make sure that pro circuit did not make a special one that I needed, I will make something work. The slip on fits on the stock head pipe like a glove but it is not tight, it will like exhaust. There is a rubber o-ring on the inside of the slip one that is mashed down and beat up that I'm going to replace so maybe that will do the trick. Does pro circiut make a slip on for the stock header and a different one a aftermarket header???

exrider49
10-22-2006, 09:00 AM
my neighbor has a pro circuit slip on and theres look exactlys like yours and it is supose to be able to wobbble around so tabs dont break, well theres wobbled around like how it is supose to and there tab on the silencer snapped in half so they had to re-weld a steel one on there