PDA

View Full Version : steering stem tag bars

hawaiikfx400
10-20-2006, 03:08 AM
i just replaced my bars with a set of tag t2 bars and clamp (fat bars) i want to know if i get a +1 or +2 stem do i need to replace stock brake cables ect.and what brand stem for the $ do you recomend getting.thanks:confused:

hawaiikfx400
10-20-2006, 10:02 PM
im 5'8 with the tag t2 bars they feel lower than then stockers any one around this hight what do you run and what benifits do i have runing +1 over +2 i like to hit jumps more than anything and noticed allot of freestyle riders run +2 is this cause ther hieght or is this more comfotable and better for tricks ect thanks

TampaBoy813
10-20-2006, 10:31 PM
I like the fact that your not leaning over the front with the +2...

hawaiikfx400
10-21-2006, 02:07 AM
thats what i was thinking with a longer stem. right now when i hit whoops my wait feels more forward than whith stock bars.i knew the t2 bars were shorter but i didnt think it would effect me as bad as it does.i know the easy smart thing would be replace the t2 with x5 or higher bend bar but i also want the stem for the damping and durabilty.ive also read that a new stem helps with bump steer(correct me if wrong)if so i think all an all worth the $$

yellowzo3
10-21-2006, 07:56 AM
i had the same Tag T2 bar kit on my z400 as you hawaiikfx400 ...i then bought a Houser +1 stem with the bar clamps and put my T2 bars on those. its almost the same height as with the Tag bar kit...maybe a little higher. if i had to do it again id probably go with a +2 stem. Yes i did notice a bit of a difference in handling and bump steer so id say it was worth it.

hawaiikfx400
10-21-2006, 01:58 PM
yellowzo3 how tall are you bro.and did you have to replace any cables with the new stem

yellowzo3
10-21-2006, 05:10 PM
im 5'6''-5'7'' and even though im not to tall i think a +2 would have been nice. no complaints about the +1 though, its a great improvement and a nice piece of equipment to have. nope i didnt have to replace any cables. everything bolted up great and went smooth.

hawaiikfx400
10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks.i was looking for some one around the same hieght that had a +1. thats what i was thinking about detting but wanted a +2 i couldnt decide.i didnt want to get the +1 then a week later wish i had the +2 im going to go with the +2 now.the t2 bars are pretty low bend any way.how hard was it to install any tips would be great.do i need any special tools ect?thanks any one else with a +1 or +2 setup feel free to throw me some advice or comments about your setup.mahalo

yellowzo3
10-22-2006, 03:18 PM
you dont need any special tools. just sockets and wrenches and stuff. you do need a cotter pin for the bottom of the steering stem and i think you have to move the radiator. (its the oil tank or radiator i forget...but im pretty sure its the radiator). it gets in the way when you try to pull out the old steering stem and put in the new one. other than that its not hard. make sure to post up some pictures when your all finished!

hawaiikfx400
10-22-2006, 06:06 PM
does that include clamp and all parts needed for install and if so is clamp 1 1/8