PDA

View Full Version : Front hub question?

ImplodedMindZ
10-19-2006, 11:21 PM
A while back when i took my front tires off i was suprised to see that instead of having studs that hold my wheel on there are bolts. This makes for an interesting tire removal and install as i usually have to get someone to help me hold the back of the bolt while i torque down the nut.

Im thinkin about replacing them when i do my front brakes and rotors soon. My question is since the previous owner did this did he have to drill out the old studs or were the probably pressed out and all i have to do is press in some new ones?

I also looked @ the 400ex parts breakdown and it dosent show individual studs, so am i probably gonna have to buy new front hubs or what? Thanks for any help.

10-20-2006, 05:13 AM
they come pressed in from the factory, but we cannot tell what the previous owner did, or why he did it the way that he did. it is poosible that you could just press new studs in, depending on how the previous owner took the old ones out and what kind of "damage" he did to the hub.

ImplodedMindZ
10-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Thats what i wanted to know if they came pressed in. I got a chance to call the honda dealership and they said they didtn just sell individual studs for them i would have to buy the whole hub. Now i know you can get studs for vehicles so im wondering if i can just go in and tell like napa or somthing the size and they can get me some. Sooo does anyone by chance know the size of the studs?

10-20-2006, 08:45 AM
yes you can get just the studs...not sure what size...but pappy from bk performance does...

PismoLocal
10-20-2006, 08:48 AM
I fugged up my studs on my rear hub and I was told that the 250r studs are the exact same. i bought 4 and sent them to be installed.