PDA

View Full Version : 5mm spacer studs?

KY250r
10-19-2006, 09:59 PM
what size studs do i need? i will check a local hardware store to find em. so what size and length and what grade?

86 Quad R
10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
i would carry an old one with me and match the threads. i would get them at least 5mm's longer than the stock. try en get them in the highest grade avail. the softer grade will ten to stretch.

wilkin250r
10-19-2006, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't go to a normal hardware store. I would order them from a race shop. CT, Trinity, take your pick, almost any of them should be able to get them for you, and they won't be all THAT expensive.

BLACKeR
10-20-2006, 05:39 AM
CT and trinity are going to get them from the same place that the hardware store gets them frome. if you can find a high grade stud at a hardware store youll be fine.

SET THE STAGE
10-20-2006, 07:17 AM
if i remember right, Nacs has them pretty cheap.

deathman53
10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
esr sells them also, gaskets, studs, spacer plate, longer dowels and nuts. Dont use hardware store stuff on a motor, it must be grade 8.

KY250r
10-23-2006, 10:45 AM
i could jusat take all studs out, and mark the threads where there all in evenly and loc tite the top and bottom so they will hold and not vibrate lose.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Do youself a favor, get the proper stud kit to build a spacer plate engine.
Useing a just to get by setup will cost you down the road.
If you build a high performance engine, every time you run the engine its trying to rip the top end off the cases, so DONT skimp, do it right.

Neil

lee37vernon
10-23-2006, 11:39 AM
the proper studs are a honda part , i dont know what from but when i got my 265 and spacer it came with new honda packaged studs , maybe some one else knows .

Rich250RRacer
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
The studs that come with a spacer plate kit are actually 8 millimeters longer than the stock 70mm stud. The closest thing I can find in the Honda price book is 80mm which should work fine. The honda part number is 92900-10080-0B. Maybe you can find a dealer that stocks them, and match the thread on it to a stock stud.

danbobsR
10-23-2006, 06:19 PM
from looking them up the stock studs are 10mm X 45 I have 4 studs that are 10mm by 55 if you want them they are for the rear of a cr cylinder which are longer OEM brand new 7.50 shipped priority mail if you want them.

Rich250RRacer
10-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by danbobsR
from looking them up the stock studs are 10mm X 45 I have 4 studs that are 10mm by 55 if you want them they are for the rear of a cr cylinder which are longer OEM brand new 7.50 shipped priority mail if you want them.

They are not 45mm long. If you look them up PROPERLY you will see that the stock studs are 70mm long. I even measured a stock stud and one for a spacer plate after look them up, stock is 70mm. There are two studs shown in all the parts diagrams, the 45mm is incorrect. If you are looking at any of the on-line microfiche, you'll see two different part numbers for item number 27, the 45mm is a MISTAKE.

danbobsR
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Rich hate to bust on you but no where in my reply did I say they were 45mm long... if you read that you were MISTAKEN go to Rivayamaha or service honda where ever you want go to a 86 TRX250R look under crankcase the stud will pull up as 10X45 I am educated and I know how to read so If you go to riva and it says different you let me know.People like you really need to get a life and not go jumping on what you think is a mistake when the person who is in the wrong is YOU.

Rich250RRacer
10-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Rich hate to bust on you but no where in my reply did I say they were 45mm long... if you read that you were MISTAKEN go to Rivayamaha or service honda where ever you want go to a 86 TRX250R look under crankcase the stud will pull up as 10X45 I am educated and I know how to read so If you go to riva and it says different you let me know.People like you really need to get a life and not go jumping on what you think is a mistake when the person who is in the wrong is YOU.

Not to jump on you but if you'll read the post I placed before yours, I gave the correct length of the studs, stock is 70mm, I measured a stock stud and I also measured one for a spacer plate which is 78mm. My own microfiche shows both 45mm and 70mm. The 45mm is wrong and will be too short, so will a 55mm. Sevice Honda's online microfiche shows only 45mm, but if you follow their directions and use the remote desktop connection to Honda's Fichefinder, you will see where they show the correct 70mm stud and the 45mm. The 45mm is a misprint by Honda, which is common. But none of that matters since I personally measured both studs and I know I am RIGHT.

danbobsR
10-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I agree on the studs being 70mm I havent actually measured them but that looks right the CR250r rear studs are longer being the honda says 45 for stock and 55 for the cr rears Im guessing the CR's are 10mm longer I dont know what the 45 and 55 is measuring unless as you said it is a mistake on honda's part any way Im done I needed to vent earlier Im good now and really could care less what the studs measure

C-LEIGH RACING
10-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Rich,
What I want to know,,,,where are you getting those 10 X 78mm studs from,,thats what I want to know.

dansbobsR,
What I want to know from you,,,,where were you saturday night when we were racing at Dixieland Speedway.
Neil

danbobsR
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I didnt get the memo that there was a race saturday seems the only time I hear of a race is when the nationals are going on in august. As far as the studs go Im kinda leaning toward the 45 coming from how much the stud sticks out when installed I havent ever measured but that sounds right.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-25-2006, 10:01 AM
I didnt get the memo that there was a race saturday seems the only time I hear of a race is when the nationals are going on in august. As far as the studs go Im kinda leaning toward the 45 coming from how much the stud sticks out when installed I havent ever measured but that sounds right.

Do you ever go to atvnc.com & if you do, whats your handle.
Thats where we find out about local events.

I think your probably right on the stud being 45mm from the case up to the end.
You know if somebody wanted to, they could get a 3 foot stick of 10mm drill rod & make some studs any lenght they wanted, thats what I do.
Neil

danbobsR
10-26-2006, 04:05 PM
next time you go to dixieland and you can remember PM me And Will try to make it out for a looking I wont be racin just spectating