PDA

View Full Version : Air Fuel Screw

ALLUWANT
10-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Im having a problem with my bike dying at idle. it wont catch its idle. would the air fuel screw work by adjusting it for idle. i thought it fine tuned the pilot?

450ERRRRRR!
10-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Sounds like all you need to do is turn up your idle screw located just under the gas tank.

tltcracing
10-20-2006, 03:42 PM
just trun up the idle for now. see how it runs and if its still rough just slowly turn it in or out untill it streitens itself out.

mstrav1
10-20-2006, 09:01 PM
adjust the white "knob" by the carb first so it idles, then adjust your idle mix to smooth out your idle!!!

DirtDevilBT
10-20-2006, 10:58 PM
while all these suggestions are very good, turning the idle knob in and adjusting the A/F screw out to set it perfect, there needs to have a few questions answered before you should continue.

When has this problem started?
What was the last thing you did to it?
Is the gas fresh?
How many hours are on it?
Are you still on the original spark plug?
Have you adjusted the valves? Not that idle is affected but timing chain slack can play with timing.

Just a few questions. Might pin point the problem instead of egnoring it and adjusting for it.

ALLUWANT
10-23-2006, 06:25 AM
well i put my bike together and the cam was one tooth off. yea it idled then yes the plug is brand new. the rebuild might have 15 hours on it with new piston rings and cam. when i put it together the timing chain was as tight as could be. i seen that the idle adjuster knob was loose the screw loosened up. i havent tightened it yet though. i will tonite.