PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal Trx250Ex

joker11
10-18-2006, 11:40 PM
So I am getting WAY ahead of myself. I am doing tons of reading on forums and pamphlets about ATVs in Arizona. I know I am really stretching things here. I have been told I am ANAL. So keep that in mind.
I live on the last street before the county line and a bunch of dirt roads are on the other side of this county line. I can ride my atv over there, but I have to get it from my house to there on a public street. So I can either trailer it there which is a lame waste of time, just cruise over there and hope I don't get caught, or I can go street legal and drive it there.
I went with the street legal kit. My friends tell me I am being stupid and overcautious. I figure it costs more for one ticket than it does for the turn signals, mirror and horn.
I know it would be kind of unrealistic to imagine someone running their quad all over town on any given day, but I guess I could.
Do any of you guys ride yours on public streets to get to your spot? Have you ever been caught? Did you get a ticket? Do you still do it? Am I as retarded as my buddy says I am?

Trevor
10-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I have,I do and I will and if i'm close to my trail and the cops come I don't plan on stoping either!

Ruby Soho
10-19-2006, 12:13 PM
good deceision :rolleyes:

10-19-2006, 02:39 PM
i agree with trevor.they cant catch my pred any way.

250exkid
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
in my eyes ur right but then again im not legal so i would run...( i would love to see them catch me going through woods,mud bogs lol) but were can u buy the street kit for it? and is it legal in all 48 states to do that if your out in the country???????? PM ME PLEASE

BlasterEaten250
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Arizona is the only state that easily allows for people to have street legal quads.

Xater
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
i ride down the street for like a 1/4 or more mile to get to my frends house i only got caught once and got the talk about that the ep could take my quad away... i would of rode down a trail if i could of hear him over the sound of my quad, but i pulled into his drive way and he pulled next to me. :o i would just go for it they dont get too pissed if your going slow down the side not making too much noise.

250exkid
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
is it leagal for ppl in wisconsin???

BlasterEaten250
10-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 250exkid
is it leagal for ppl in wisconsin??? I don't think so, i think my dad asked the dnr a long time ago when we were registering for the trails.

250exkid
10-19-2006, 06:09 PM
could u check for me?

bigj250
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
me and my boys skeeter305 and santy and my brother we all got 250's and we ride them on public streets all the time i got caught once but they gave me a warning after i ran from them 4 like 8 miles but they just scream at u they dont do anything

joker11
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
You can get the kit at www.mods3.com. In Arizona you need a tail light, brake light, headlight and a horn. You will also have to pay 60bucks to the MVD for a motorcycle license plate as opposed to the standard RV plate. At my MVD here in Yuma they do not inspect your bike, they just collect the funds and it's your responsibility to make sure it's legal.
I ordered the kit WITH front and rear turn signals for added visibility and then I don't have to use hand signals. You WILL have to have insurance on your bike BEFORE you go to the MVD to get your new plate. For my 2007 TRX250EX it was $77.00 for a year.

joker11
10-19-2006, 06:54 PM
I live in the desert. No woods, no mud bogs....no where to hide. Just wide open dirt. But I can see some of those backwoods places you see on tv being easy to ditch the cops.

10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
JUST RUN if they dont catch u they cant do anything dont waste ur money on street legal kits anything is street legal as long as u dont get caught it dont matter:D :D

bigj250
10-19-2006, 07:21 PM
true that who need street legal the only thing that we have are loud pipes so dey hear us comin250

bigj250
10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
true that who need street legal the only thing that we have are loud pipes so dey hear us comin

10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
dats right if they cant c u they can hear u LOL

BlasterEaten250
10-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bigj250
me and my boys skeeter305 and santy and my brother we all got 250's and we ride them on public streets all the time i got caught once but they gave me a warning after i ran from them 4 like 8 miles but they just scream at u they dont do anything :mad:

250exkid
10-19-2006, 08:01 PM
you guys in miami are lucky up here in wisconsin the pigs are *** holes and would give me a huge *** ticket

250exkid
10-19-2006, 08:04 PM
who do you contact to see if thats all u need is the kit??? and do u really have to get a plate?? or what

joker11
10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
I have the pamphlet that says what I wrote for AZ. I can scan it and email it if anyone wants it...but you can pick it up at a BLM office.

10-20-2006, 01:36 AM
i got tickets for riding down dirt roads :ermm:

1. reckless driving (sop said i was going to fast around a corner)
2. suspended lisence

i just happened to get a jerk cop,everyother cop says park it for the day

1. tickets = 75.00 each
2. i had 4 months probation
3.7.5 hours community service
4. had to go to court and pay 200 court fees
5. ADI drivers school $80.00

but now there is a new law that i can ride as long as i have my lisence with me.

10-20-2006, 05:05 AM
riding illegal where it is easy to make it legal is the best way to make all riding illegal. don't ruin it for everyone else...make it legal.

bwamos
10-20-2006, 07:04 AM
IMHO anyone who willingly, illegally, rides on the public streets deserves a ticket. It is not the cops that are a-holes. They are doing their jobs. It's the ones riding an illegal vehicle on the streets that are breaking the law.

I know in Missouri it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a quad streetlegal. It's got an OHV designation. Nothing you can do will ever make it street legal. Some counties allow them on county roads, but that is county by county. Usually farming counties and intended for utility quads pulling small trialers, etc.. not for people jacking around.

If you can make it streetlegal in AZ, do it! ;) I would in a heartbeat.

10-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
:mad:

wat u so pissed of about:scary: :devil:

10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
IMHO anyone who willingly, illegally, rides on the public streets deserves a ticket. It not the cops that are a-holes. They are doing their jobs. It's the ones riding an illegal vehicle on the streets that are breaking the law.

I know in Missouri it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a quad streetlegal. It's got an OHV designation. Nothing you can do will ever make it street legal. Some counties allow them on county roads, but that is county by county. Usually farming counties and intended for utility quads pulling small trialers, etc.. not for people jacking around.

If you can make it streetlegal in AZ, do it! ;) I would in a heartbeat.

when you get a pig that has know you all your life.has arrestid every one in your family for something and really doesn't like you know matter how slow im going on the road or how quite my pipe is im @%$! no matter what happens.so when i see lights im gone.

tim colston
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
You are the reason that cops are dicks. you run from them and you brag about it. Do us a favor sell your wheelie popping 250's and leave the site.

Also learn to spell you little sawed off wiggers.

10-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
You are the reason that cops are dicks. you run from them and you brag about it. Do us a favor sell your wheelie popping 250's and leave the site.

hey,you whana calmb down there killer. :rolleyes:

tim colston
10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
no, I am sick of these little kids. Everytime a new thread comes up the come in with their ebonics and ruin it. I will say what I want.

10-20-2006, 12:21 PM
he has got a point, it is this blatent disregard for authority that gives the atv community a bad name and gives the opponents of atv's reasons in favor fo banning atv's to his, mine, and YOUR govenment.

tim colston
10-20-2006, 12:23 PM
thanks speedy At least someone chooses to be a little bit responsible.

300exOH
10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by teamhonda396x
when you get a pig that has know you all your life.has arrestid every one in your family for something and really doesn't like you know matter how slow im going on the road or how quite my pipe is im @%$! no matter what happens.so when i see lights im gone.

Sounds like you AND your family need to learn a little respect for the law. I HIGHLY doubt the officer is arresting anyone for nothing. Unless fleeing police is considered nothing... idiot. :rolleyes:

10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
from one tim to another, you are welcome...

i get tired of people bragging about running from the cops or asking what the loudest pipe is. when areas you have ridden in for years are being closed and you have to start driving 2 to 3 hours to ride on a crappy fire road and pay for it, then you tend to become more active. luckily i ca still ride out my father in lawsor my parents back yard. i want to keep it that way...

anthing thing is we need to consider is kids that are too small or immature for the size quad they are on...this is tricky one...but it is still an issue that needs to be addressed

and seriously...ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlasterEaten250
10-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by skeeter305
wat u so pissed of about:scary: :devil: You. It is not cool to run from the cops, and it's also not cool to spell what, wat, you, u, and off, of. You really just make yourself look stupid.

joker11
10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I opened up the kit and started goofing. The rear turn signals tuck up under the fenders really well. Out of the way and not likely to get broken. The front ones were a little bit tricky to get them in a good spot, but I think it will be ok for where I will most likely ride. The turn signal switch is a little cheesey, but it does fit snugly and I can reach it with my thumb. The horn button is really a piece of junk, but it works. It was a PITA to put on. I can't reach it with my thumb, but I can hit it if I need to.... I have not found a place yet for the horn itself. When I get everything mounted up and working I will post some pictures in this thread. Oh! I put the mirror on and oriented it well enough, IMHO, that when on the street it is up and when on the dirt it folds down out of the way and inside the handlebars and won't get broken. Nice.
Let's see how it goes......
:D

10-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Sounds like you AND your family need to learn a little respect for the law. I HIGHLY doubt the officer is arresting anyone for nothing. Unless fleeing police is considered nothing... idiot. :rolleyes:
oh and little miss angel never ran from the cops:rolleyes:know did i go and insalt your family?your mom snorts crack,ur dads a ***,your sister's on her knees to much.:macho

10-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
You. It is not cool to run from the cops, and it's also not cool to spell what, wat, you, u, and off, of. You really just make yourself look stupid.

LOL ITS FUNNY HOW UR PISSED, AND I SPELL HOWEVR I WANT AND RUN IF I WANT AND I DONT THINK RUNNIN IS KOOL ITS JUST 2 AVOID TROUBLE :devil: :devil:

10-20-2006, 07:05 PM

LOL UR FUNNY REALLY UR A FUNNY GUY OR GIRL W/E U ARE:devil:

BlasterEaten250
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
LOL ITS FUNNY HOW UR PISSED, AND I SPELL HOWEVR I WANT AND RUN IF I WANT AND I DONT THINK RUNNIN IS KOOL ITS JUST 2 AVOID TROUBLE :devil: :devil: Your cap locks are on.

Joker11, it's cool to hear you got the kit, I can't wait to see the pictures!

pelphrey
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I've been pulled over in Kentucky. Just got my quad (In 2001) and no place to ride. Decided I would ride down some county roads. Not such a good idea. State Trooper caught me. I pulled over he pulled beside me incase I decided to run. Trust me I wasn't going anywhere. Gave me this long talk, I took that. Then called a tow truck. I asked him if the state was going to pay for it since I could see my house from here and he said nope. I told him to call them back and say we didn't need a tow truck.

I asked if he would follow me home..Nope there. My dad was at work so I didn't have a truck at home, so he asked what I was going to do with it. I said I guess I am going to push it in that field and walk hom and get it later (It was brand new, a week old). He said your going to leave that right here. I said yeah, Im not paying 200 for a tow truck to come get it and take it to my house when I can see my house.

Finally I call Jarred (my buddy) and he came and got me. The cop was actually very nice. He made the ticket payable. Which it was 150. A week later I got a letter from the courts saying that this offense isn't payable. I had to go to court miss a day of work and wait for 3 hours to stand infront of a judge and say "Guilty, I was caught". After court costs it was close to 275 in fines. No community service, no probation.

The ticket could have been more. I didn't have my license, although I gave him my social security number to check on me and a few other things.

I don't get on the road much any more these days. Sometimes I have to cross the road. But if there are lights behind me I won't run from them. I think thats stupid. Your old enough to ride on the road and break the law, your old enough to pay the fines and goto court or whatever they make you do.

10-20-2006, 07:12 PM
no, I am sick of these little kids. Everytime a new thread comes up the come in with their ebonics and ruin it. I will say what I want.

LOL WE DONT RUIN WE PUT A LIL MIAMI FLAVOR IN IT LOL:devil: :devil:

10-20-2006, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
[B]Your cap locks are on.

I KNO I LIKE TYPIN WITH THE CAPS ON:)

joker11
10-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Seems like a warning might have been in order if you weren't being a smartypants to him. Wow. well, you know, live and learn. And it's nice to know you manned up for it. That was probably the best thing to do.
-
I am really surprised to have seen this thread turn into junior high school all over again. I think maybe the moderators need to monitor the threads and just ban the troublemakers from the forum. Nobody needs to have smack talking in a thread like this one. I believe there is a place for it though. I like to talk smack, but not to people I don't know and can't see. My smack is all in fun. Hence, my username...Joker

10-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by joker11
Seems like a warning might have been in order if you weren't being a smartypants to him. Wow. well, you know, live and learn. And it's nice to know you manned up for it. That was probably the best thing to do.
-
I am really surprised to have seen this thread turn into junior high school all over again. I think maybe the moderators need to monitor the threads and just ban the troublemakers from the forum. Nobody needs to have smack talking in a thread like this one. I believe there is a place for it though. I like to talk smack, but not to people I don't know and can't see. My smack is all in fun. Hence, my username...Joker

I GET IT BUT........................SMACK TALK IS FUN AND PLUS I DDNT START NOTHING THERE THE 1NES CRYING ABOUT RUNNING FROM COPS AND HOW I TYPE AND ALL DAT

10-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by pelphrey
I've been pulled over in Kentucky. Just got my quad (In 2001) and no place to ride. Decided I would ride down some county roads. Not such a good idea. State Trooper caught me. I pulled over he pulled beside me incase I decided to run. Trust me I wasn't going anywhere. Gave me this long talk, I took that. Then called a tow truck. I asked him if the state was going to pay for it since I could see my house from here and he said nope. I told him to call them back and say we didn't need a tow truck.

I asked if he would follow me home..Nope there. My dad was at work so I didn't have a truck at home, so he asked what I was going to do with it. I said I guess I am going to push it in that field and walk hom and get it later (It was brand new, a week old). He said your going to leave that right here. I said yeah, Im not paying 200 for a tow truck to come get it and take it to my house when I can see my house.

Finally I call Jarred (my buddy) and he came and got me. The cop was actually very nice. He made the ticket payable. Which it was 150. A week later I got a letter from the courts saying that this offense isn't payable. I had to go to court miss a day of work and wait for 3 hours to stand infront of a judge and say "Guilty, I was caught". After court costs it was close to 275 in fines. No community service, no probation.

The ticket could have been more. I didn't have my license, although I gave him my social security number to check on me and a few other things.

I don't get on the road much any more these days. Sometimes I have to cross the road. But if there are lights behind me I won't run from them. I think thats stupid. Your old enough to ride on the road and break the law, your old enough to pay the fines and goto court or whatever they make you do.

NICE??????? NICE IS SAYING TAKE IT HOME AND THATS IT

10-20-2006, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
[B]Your cap locks are on.

I KNO I LIKE TYPIN WITH THE CAPS ON:)

yea i know ALOT of people that do.For some reason ALL of them are gay...:confused:

and yea if you run from cops and get away GREAT .. but what if they catch you? or find out where you live?

quadfamily
10-21-2006, 09:58 AM
LOL WE DONT RUIN WE PUT A LIL MIAMI FLAVOR IN IT LOL:devil: :devil:

Yeah I heard there alot of homosexuals in the Miami area. I guess you're one of them....... Goodbye!

10-21-2006, 01:24 PM
LOL ITS FUNNY HOW UR PISSED, AND I SPELL HOWEVR I WANT AND RUN IF I WANT AND I DONT THINK RUNNIN IS KOOL ITS JUST 2 AVOID TROUBLE :devil: :devil:

To avoid trouble, you had to start trouble. Don't be a retard and you won't have to avoid the cops. Talking black to the cop won't help either, so learn some proper English and grammar. It'll get you farther in life.

The kit sounds like a good idea. The cops in my area are more interested in other things in my area (like meth). I got pulled over on my motorcycle a couple years ago and all he said was "Please stay off the roads." But then again, he couldn't have said that. All cops are *******s these days. :rolleyes:

quadfamily
10-21-2006, 05:07 PM
ALRIGHT GUYS!! The thread is about street legal quads, NOT about running from cops! Keep it on topic or it will be closed.

klutchbuster250
10-21-2006, 07:06 PM
if u had the time and money to make your bike street legal go ahead its worth it, and i know ithis is off topic but im from miami and i know us kids can get aragent about the miami 305 but man i rep it til i die so please dont say anything about homos couse in the hock towns is tho only plass u hear people that have sex with reletives so if i were u dont talk, its just my opinion and im not looking for trouble but keepit in mind next time u try to dis the miyayo ,

305 til i die:devil:

quadfamily
10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
relax, my comment was against one person who came on here acting like a jackazz and causing trouble. Not against any group.

klutchbuster250
10-21-2006, 08:32 PM
k man i dont want no trouble i get wut u were trying to say, it does get kinda dum but o wel u only live once so have fun

10-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by skeeter69
YEAH I HEARD THERE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT DO ANIMALS IN THE WHEREVER UR FROM AREA. i GUESS YOUR'E ONE OF THEM.......GOODBYE!:devil:

stfu!

i wish i knew what i would need to make mine street legal that would be pretty nice to be able to ride down the hard roads:macho

BlasterEaten250
10-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
stfu!

i wish i knew what i would need to make mine street legal that would be pretty nice to be able to ride down the hard roads:macho Yeah, riding on the roads is fun (part of a state trail I ride on) It's so smooth. I don't think you can make quads street legal around where I live, but it would be cool. I think all of the people that can should take advantage of it, becuase that is a nice privilege.

Rider-trx_250ex
10-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
riding illegal where it is easy to make it legal is the best way to make all riding illegal. don't ruin it for everyone else...make it legal.

i noticed ur from pa, do u know if it is possible to make an atv in pa street legal?

dman250
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
i think u can

Rider-trx_250ex
10-22-2006, 04:52 PM
dylan, im the one who told u about what mr kanalis said and his handbook

10-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
stfu!

i wish i knew what i would need to make mine street legal that would be pretty nice to be able to ride down the hard roads:macho

WTF U TALKIN CRAP 2 MY HOMEBOI SKEETER 4 NIGGA U BEST WATCH YOSELF

joker11
10-22-2006, 07:37 PM
All of you can take your smack to the Open Forum. I don't want it in my thread. That's enough.

JOEX
10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
All of you can take your smack to the Open Forum. I don't want it in my thread. That's enough.
The kids are being sent on their way...;)

10-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
i noticed ur from pa, do u know if it is possible to make an atv in pa street legal?

used ot be...no longer possible...

10-23-2006, 03:41 PM

yo homeboi u sound like 1 of my teachers yo "thats enough" dat funny dog dats real funny LMAO :chinese:

Rider-trx_250ex
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
used ot be...no longer possible...

why is that?, i was talking to my old teacher who is a cop and he said if it had all required criteria and passed inspection by the inspection station, i dont see why not.

bwamos
10-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
why is that?, i was talking to my old teacher who is a cop and he said if it had all required criteria and passed inspection by the inspection station, i dont see why not.

Because on the VIN/Model plate it's designated an OHV (Off Highway Vehicle). If you're state doesn't allow OHV's to get licensed (like Missouri) there's no amount of modifications you can do to make it street legal.