PDA

View Full Version : Argument with my wife

joker11
10-18-2006, 11:07 PM
So my wife and I have a perfect relationship....we have to find stupid sh*t to argue about if we want to argue about something. She said that the item kids hold in their hands and use air pressure to propel a sphere filled with paint is called a "Paintball Marker."
I said "Well all the people I know call them Paintball Guns." She then informed me that they call them markers so that parents don't freak out about their kids using a GUN. I said "They may sell them as markers, but put that thing in any kid's hands or an adult's hands, tell them to aim at something or someone, pull a trigger to shoot the target and they call it a gun." It is shaped like a gun, it propells it's ammo with air pressure just like a bb gun.
So let's hear what you call it in your neck of the woods. I live in Yuma, AZ.
PS, some of my buddies go ride in a place here called "The jackrabbits" and shoot at each other with their paintball "markers" and "guns" at night by the light of the moon.
Sounds like crazy fun to me. Not the safest thing in the world, but not many things that are fun are completely safe.

Aceman
10-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Forget about the paintball marker for a sec....come clean with us. You really just get in these little squabbles for the make up s*x to follow don't you?:devil:

By the way, I call it a gun.:macho

Architects
10-18-2006, 11:17 PM
I call it a paintball gun but many paintball companies are refering to them as markers now to play down the whole gun image. It could go either way really.

joker11
10-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Architects
I call it a paintball gun but many paintball companies are refering to them as markers now to play down the whole gun image. It could go either way really.

That's right. We all call it a gun. The marketing of them will not IMHO change what people call them once they have them in their hands. You can put a pig in a dress and it's still a pig.
Although, not to undermine my own argument, there is a shop here that in my day we would call a head shop. And at this head shop, you would purchase a bong. But in this tobacco shop here they call it a water pipe. If you call it a bong they will ask you to leave the store. Tommy Chong went to jail for selling bongs. He should have sold water pipes and the government probably would have let him be. But either way, when those glass products made their way into someone's home.....what did they call it?

Castor-426ex
10-18-2006, 11:24 PM
i call mine a paintball bazooka:eek:

joker11
10-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
i call mine a paintball bazooka:eek:

OH SNAP!!

mac450
10-18-2006, 11:28 PM
yea gun, ive never heard of someone calling it a "marker" :confused:

firefighterjosh
10-19-2006, 12:31 AM
I just got Into Paint Ball

Paint Ball Gun is the same thing as a Paint Ball Marker

So your both right:p

Rico400
10-19-2006, 12:33 AM
i call it a "gat" or a "muppet mower"

250R-Dee
10-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Actually they have been called "markers" since the 1970's when farmers and ranchers used Nelspot 007 markers to mark livestock and trees.

joker11
10-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Actually they have been called "markers" since the 1970's when farmers and ranchers used Nelspot 007 markers to mark livestock and trees.

I am disqualifying your reply because I don't want to lose the argument!!! LOL!!:grr:

firefighterjosh
10-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by joker11
I am disqualifying your reply because I don't want to lose the argument!!! LOL!!:grr:

LMFAO

cop292
10-19-2006, 04:17 AM
Since I'm married as well, I know wher you are coming from. You as a man are of course correct. It is a Gun! (Unless my wife says it isn't) I'll check with her and get back to you.:rolleyes:

400exchick
10-19-2006, 07:22 AM
I call it a paintball gun. Didn't even know some called it a "paintball marker"

Honda400exrox
10-19-2006, 07:49 AM
That's right. We all call it a gun. The marketing of them will not IMHO change what people call them once they have them in their hands. You can put a pig in a dress and it's still a pig.
Although, not to undermine my own argument, there is a shop here that in my day we would call a head shop. And at this head shop, you would purchase a bong. But in this tobacco shop here they call it a water pipe. If you call it a bong they will ask you to leave the store. Tommy Chong went to jail for selling bongs. He should have sold water pipes and the government probably would have let him be. But either way, when those glass products made their way into someone's home.....what did they call it?

Around here they get away with it as selling them as tobacco products, but if you get caught with a bong the cops check to see if its tobbaco or marijuana resin in the item

joker11
10-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 400exchick
I call it a paintball gun. Didn't even know some called it a "paintball marker"

Hey, it's hard to tell by your avatar picture, but is that perhaps a TransAm WS6? I bought my wife her dream car....but I got her a black 2002 Trans Am FireHawk, 6sp manual trans, LS1 motor, t-tops, cold air intake, heat extractors on the hood, leather, premium sound system. She loved it. Too bad she almost never got to drive it since we always had it in the shop. She only got it up to about 125mph, but I got it to 145 in San Diego on the 805 at 6am on a Sunday while we were there to watch the SD Chargers!!!!!

Predatorguy88
10-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Around me it goes either way. Both terms are used, but the companies just use the term marker to get people's minds away from the fact that a paintball is being shot at someone else. When the term gun is used, it implies to a none-player that there is a form of war-game going on, and that's not it, and that's not the image paintballers want the public to think when they hear these terms.

400exchick
10-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey, it's hard to tell by your avatar picture, but is that perhaps a TransAm WS6? I bought my wife her dream car....but I got her a black 2002 Trans Am FireHawk, 6sp manual trans, LS1 motor, t-tops, cold air intake, heat extractors on the hood, leather, premium sound system. She loved it. Too bad she almost never got to drive it since we always had it in the shop. She only got it up to about 125mph, but I got it to 145 in San Diego on the 805 at 6am on a Sunday while we were there to watch the SD Chargers!!!!!

Yes it is actually, but not mine (I wish!!). I was really disappointed when Pontiac announced they were going to discontinue that line of models (TransAms, Firehawks, Firebirds). T-Tops are cool, I'd rather have full coupe though. Do you still have it or was it sold? Got any pics of it?

flattrack440ex
10-19-2006, 10:19 AM
its a paintball gun around me. they are taking gun out because its not correct and they fear that kids will get ideas to shoot people with real guns. its pathetic(i donno how to spell it) really in my eyes like changeing a name is going to stop some1 getting shotbut o well thats just me

krt400ex
10-19-2006, 10:31 AM
its a gun....even the pros call them paintball guns

DJJ450r
10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I call it a Paintball gun

PS-this is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.:p

Ghost-Rider
10-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Gun

heres my paintball GUN