PDA

View Full Version : LTR 450 Custom Airbox Cover LTR450 Outerwears Air Box

ltrider450
10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Images/INTENSA/Airbox_Covers_Main/ltr450_top_black-black_main.jpg

HAS ANY USED THIS PRODUCT AND LIKED THE WAY IT PERFORMED(DID THE POWER GAINS STILL STAY THE SAME COMPARED TO THE NO LID)?

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE USED IT OR KNOW SOME1 WHO HAS, HAS IT WORKED FOR THEM BY KEEPING MORE DIRT OUT?

SHOULD I GET THIS OR JUST STICK WITH THE NO LID?
LET ME KNOW GUYS

THANKS, KARL

hondaracer31
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I made my own and it works great. Runs just as good as no lid and the filter stays cleaner for longer.

atvfreak400
10-21-2006, 07:25 AM
just wondering how you mad your own lid I like the idea, of having the extra power with the lid on.

bigbadbubba
10-21-2006, 07:58 AM
easy.... take ur moms panty hoes and cover it

hondaracer31
10-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by atvfreak400
just wondering how you mad your own lid I like the idea, of having the extra power with the lid on.

I bought a stock lid, and an outerwears airbox cover for a 250R then cut the whole center out of the lid. Cut a ring of aluminum the size of the hole, and cut the outerwears about 1 inch bigger than the hole, fold the edges double then bolt the ring of aluminum to the lid with the outerwears sandwiched in between the lid and the aluminum. I also used Gorilla Glue between the aluminum and the lid.

The only reason I bought a new lid is because I like to have the stock lid for when I wash the quad. The outerwears is water resistant but if you hit it with a pressure washer the water goes right thru it.

If I don't count my time, I saved about $30 as oppossed to buying one from EHS.