PDA

View Full Version : HMF with Dyno Jet Kit

eliasxr400
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Ill start with the bike. It is a new 2005 that I bought a week ago.
All of the riding I do will be at sea level.
I wanted more grunt so I ordered a HMF sport slip on, K&N filter, Outerwear for K&N, and a dyno jet kit.

I will be running the quad with the air box lid off.

What jets should I use with this set up from the Dynojet kit?

The Dynojet kit goes up to a 170 main and says to use a 165 at my elevation with the lid removed with stock exhuast. I am running a slip on.

Should I start with the 170?

Also, do I change out the stock jet needle with the nut to the one that came with the kit with the clip?

Any one else run this set up at sea level?

P.S. I can't wait to put on all the stickers!

MO-EX-RIDER
10-19-2006, 06:35 PM
i have the same set up and i have a 165 dj main in and their needle on the 3rd clip w/ the a/f screw out 3 turns. runs good just a hair rich.

eliasxr400
10-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
i have the same set up and i have a 165 dj main in and their needle on the 3rd clip w/ the a/f screw out 3 turns. runs good just a hair rich.
What elevation are you running at?

Mechanixx
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
http://www.hmfengineering.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497 this should help.

NY06400EX
10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
^^^Great link - thanks.

eliasxr400
10-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Mechanixx
http://www.hmfengineering.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497 this should help.

Great link!
I wish I saw this before I did the work.
It was easy to figure out after some head scratching.
I put in a 170 DJ main and the needle that came with the jet kit.
Left the fuel screw stock. Im running a K&N with the lid off and an HMF sport slip-on.

Wow this thing goes now!

The HMF is VERY loud. I may invest in a quiet insert. Other than that I would suggest these mods to anyone.

peacefrog
10-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Want even more low end power just got one tooth bigger (29) rear sprocket. one tooth bigger in front will give you more top end. If you decide to try the stock chain has no link to break have to cut an buy new chain buy a new chain. Just did it last week took to the trails an hell of more lower end one of my best mods

prnstr4life
10-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a HMF slip on with 170DJ jet and open airbox and it runs a bit rich. Fuel screw is out 2 turns i think. I am probably gonna go with a 165 and keep it at 2 turns out. I am lookin for a cam and headpipe s i might keep the jetting and see how it is from there