PDA

View Full Version : jetting problems with a 426 hybrid

800screws
10-18-2006, 03:40 PM
someone plz freakin' help. i've been wasting day after day trying to get this right. now the carb is on the 5th needle clip, 42 pilot, 195 main, 72 air jet, and 1 1/2 turns on the fuel screw. it started up ran for about a minute and then died out, now it wont run without the choke on. it stalls with the choke in.
plz give me some direction.

lonestar 426
10-18-2006, 04:16 PM
your fuel screw is to close open it 2 1/2 your main is big try 171
for idle only pilot and fuel screw control that circuit . engine wont idle open fuel screw if
in my bike the needel clip is 4th
if your open fuel screw over 3 1/2 turn change pilot for 45

800screws
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
ok, i went back out, pilot is a 42, main is a 175, fuel screw is 1 3/4, needle clup 5th spot, all air and starter jets stock. it will start up right away when it is cold, after i ride up and down the driveway 5-6 times, it then wants to die after pulling the clutch in and trying to gas out of the turn. the idle also will rise after u gas it and then after sitting, settle back down. also after it dies, it will only start with the choke, not the hot start.
i'll try the fuel screw.

800screws
10-18-2006, 05:35 PM
i moved the needle clip up to the 4th spot, it started right up again. idled great. the more i turned the fuel screw out, the more it broke up and when i turned it in, it started to idle higher. i didn't get to ride it, but it idled for a long time revved fine, it did have the slightest of hesitation after idleing to wot, but i think i can tweak that out. i moved the main up to a 185 because it was backfiring some at 175. that took care of it. i think that might be it. i will try riding it tomorrow and see if that mysterious dying out occurs still. otherwise it seems to be running fine. can one clip on the needle throw it that out of whack.
the fuel screw is also at 1 3/4.