PDA

View Full Version : 400ex aftermarket shock on a 450r

pacer425440
10-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Do you all know if a 400ex aftermarket elka shock will work on the 450r quad. The shock measure around 16.25 inches long. Let me know any information on this!!

10-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Yep but it will lower you around a half inch. You might need to add a washer too for the mounts to fit tighter but other wise they work.

Chino886
10-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by slow
Yep but it will lower you around a half inch. You might need to add a washer too for the mounts to fit tighter but other wise they work.

Hey Blue450yo or slow,

There is a definite difference in something "working" and if will be right for the application. I know you don't worry much about right fitment for your application, but please don't misinform others about this.

I know my 450R shocks are longer than the shocks mentioned in this thread and they are over an inch longer, so the lower ride height is not all that is going to be affected.

I hope this is the information that you are looking for!

I have the same situation but I chose to be safe! I have a $1000 + set of shocks sitting in a box in my garage because they are not the right length for my setup. The are an inch too short and the compressed and extended lengths on the 2 bikes are different!