PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy...?'s about roll over switch

xwarriorx
10-18-2006, 01:05 PM
i just heard about the anti tip switch or whatever that will shut off the engine. i heard people arehitting jumps and their ltr is dying just want the info and whats up with this thing. thanks

armysig
10-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Go to another LTR board to find the video. For some reason it's not letting me post it.

But the TOS does not shut the quad off unless the quad has been tipped over for more than 3 seconds.

The problem you might be thinking of is a fuel filter that can get clogged or damaged if you run race fuel thru your LTR.

Warnerade
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
wow, I never even heard of that before

AL Elks
10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by armysig
Go to another LTR board to find the video. For some reason it's not letting me post it.

But the TOS does not shut the quad off unless the quad has been tipped over for more than 3 seconds.

The problem you might be thinking of is a fuel filter that can get clogged or damaged if you run race fuel thru your LTR.

Yep, He's absolutely right. It takes 3 seconds for it to shut the quad off. There is absolutely no way jumping can do it. You need to change your fuel filter in the swirl tank. Cernics sells replacement filters. They aren't cheap though.

armysig
10-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks for pointing out the exact part and location Al, for some reason I couldn't think of the name this morning and I couldn't find it. :scary: You Da man!;)

CdaleXtreme
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
The tip over switch shutting your quad off on jumps is a farse.

The problem most likely is that your fuel filter is clogged, resulting in inconsistent fuel delivery.

My sponsor, Cernic's sells the fuel filters here:

http://cernicsracing.com/2006ltr450fuelfilter.htm