PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark the Jetting in my 460

Green95Hoe
10-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Finally finished my 460 stroker. I never had the jetting where I wanted it with the 426 so I want it right for this new engine. Just lookin for anyone else with a comparable setup that can get me in the ballpark.

460 Stroker
450R Carb
HMF Slip on, stock header
K&N with outerwear and no lid
Stage 3 Stroker Cam
Stock Head setup

Right now it idles perfectly when warm, but sputters a misfire here and there at lower RPM's when driving and sometimes stalls out. The sputter is almost like a misfire and often makes me think I need a new plug. Still on the break-in but the jetting is def off because I know it should run better than this

BigFish
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Why didn't u have head work done? Stock porting is not going to flow enough for a 460. If u spent the $ on a stroker crank and rod, u should've went ahead and spent a lil on a good port and polish and also a full exhaust.

Green95Hoe
10-18-2006, 10:15 AM
ran out of money but wanted to square away all the lower end stuff first. Its nothing to get a ported head later on and bolt it on in an afternoon. I had to adjust to the newfound power of the 460 and when ive grown used to it, then ill do the heads.

PismoLocal
10-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Your sig says your running a 160 main, I run a 185 main on my 450r carb so I would think that you should start around 180 and work your way up.