PDA

View Full Version : Where to Move???

firefighterjosh
10-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I am 21 thinking of moving sometime. I need to get outta my little City I live in. Thinking of somewere out west were there is riding racing and good career oppurtunitys.

If you could move anywere, where would you move too?

I think AZ, TX, No florida for me. Too many ppl.

Mxjunkie
10-18-2006, 12:40 AM
I think I'd stay in PA actually just move out towards the treverton/shamokin area where dunk's part was filmed, Good riding up there, jobs ehh..

or I'd move out to cali so I could finally go to pismo and glamis

10-18-2006, 01:02 AM
florida!

all you have to have is a lisence to ride :)

if i had to move i would go to Georgia or North carolina

firefighterjosh
10-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Florida is too crowded and Cali has too many rules lol. If you read the warning lables on Certain chemicals it always causes cancer in Cali:scary:

MOFO
10-18-2006, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If you read the warning lables on Certain chemicals it always causes cancer in Cali:scary:

LMAO! :D

10-18-2006, 07:52 AM
colorado is a great state...or i would want to move to kentucky or tennesee...any other those 3 would be good...a friend of mine moved about 20 mins outside vegas and he loves it there, i never been there though

troutman561
10-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Florida isnt too crowded but our riding isnt too great, really only like 2 places its "legal" to ride in that are bigger than a few acres...

700bRad
10-18-2006, 09:39 AM
I LOVE INDIANA!

fandl450r
10-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 700bRad
I LOVE INDIANA!

Too bad the Pacers are worhtless. :devil:

AZ or CA would be perfect for riding. A friend of mine just moved to Phoenix, and with the weather, the enormous amounts of places to ride, and not to mention the real estate ;) he said it's awesome!

BigFish
10-18-2006, 10:12 AM
North Carolina........

u've got everything, beaches, mountains, and cool **** to do

F-16Guy
10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Move to AZ and buy my house so I can buy one in Utah!!! :D

10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Come to canada, its not snow all the time like they say, nice winters, and nice summers, good trails to ride on, we got some good gravel pits too, there tracks in most places.
nes
Or go by mxjunkie, hes got the sweetest coal hills i seen, im pretty sure those are his pics if i rembre right..

PismoLocal
10-18-2006, 11:37 AM
California and Arizona is where its at if you like desert racing and duning.

And hot women :devil:

Mc. Muffin
10-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Louisiana!!!:macho

If you want good riding and good career opportunities I would move to Colorado...

Near Baton Rouge, Louisiana has tons of riding areas but only problem is the ground here is flat and the only way you will get off the ground is from a man made jump...

Not so many tracks here, but we have sand pits, trails and some tracks.
If you want to have fun on the weekend just take the 30 minute drive to New Orleans and go to a Night club and just have fun...

Living here in Louisiana gives you the chance to go to Mardi Gras!!!:blah:
(.)(.)

700bRad
10-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Too bad the Pacers are worhtless. :devil:

AZ or CA would be perfect for riding. A friend of mine just moved to Phoenix, and with the weather, the enormous amounts of places to ride, and not to mention the real estate ;) he said it's awesome!

Hey we agree on something! Im not a big Colts or Pacers fan :macho

bulkdriverlp
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
kentucky, near hatfield trails, dont go any farther north, snow and cold sucks

firefighterjosh
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Winter doesn't bother me too much. Nothing like bustin through snow drifts with the pickum up truck:D

Were I live sucks for riding and jobs. I have a decent job now but it is deffently not a career. Thought about moving to arkansas were some of my family live. Hell down there $15 hour your living good. Good places to ride too.

redlineranger
10-18-2006, 06:24 PM
you might think i'm crazy as hell, but i'd move to Alabama. i am moving somewhere around prattville either during our christmas break, or as soon as school gets out for summer. its very nice up there. greenville and millbrook are nice area's to. also there's some very good MX tracks here that LOVE quads. good deer hunting if you like that. i could go on and on about the great things of Ol Dixie. but thats my 2 cents:)

zeppelin
10-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Mc. Muffin
Louisiana!!!:macho

If you want good riding and good career opportunities I would move to Colorado...

Near Baton Rouge, Louisiana has tons of riding areas but only problem is the ground here is flat and the only way you will get off the ground is from a man made jump...

Not so many tracks here, but we have sand pits, trails and some tracks.
If you want to have fun on the weekend just take the 30 minute drive to New Orleans and go to a Night club and just have fun...

Living here in Louisiana gives you the chance to go to Mardi Gras!!!:blah:
(.)(.)

i agree, and we have some of the best trails in the nation, you just have to have "connections" to let you in on the secret locations haha

Rootar
10-18-2006, 09:53 PM
hahaha arkansas? What do you do for a living? yuo could move down here next to where i live, TONS of trails during the summer when hunting season is out and i have a track and my ramp, there is a track about 45 mintues from me thats alot of fun that we all go ride at and plus abunch of us will be or have been running the TQRA mx series.

but the best place would prolly be east texas between dallas and texarkana or very northern Lousiana, Jhonny's place is for sale in Louisana it has an awesome MX track (fullthrottlemx) big nice houese, a pool, and i think like 20 acres of land but you being only 21 that might be out of your budget but then agian i dunno what you do for a living

firefighterjosh
10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
hahaha arkansas? What do you do for a living? yuo could move down here next to where i live, TONS of trails during the summer when hunting season is out and i have a track and my ramp, there is a track about 45 mintues from me thats alot of fun that we all go ride at and plus abunch of us will be or have been running the TQRA mx series.

but the best place would prolly be east texas between dallas and texarkana or very northern Lousiana, Jhonny's place is for sale in Louisana it has an awesome MX track (fullthrottlemx) big nice houese, a pool, and i think like 20 acres of land but you being only 21 that might be out of your budget but then agian i dunno what you do for a living

Heber Springs Arkansas to be exact. I do have a decent job but money isn't an option to move. Were theres a will theres a way.

Rootar
10-18-2006, 10:06 PM
oh yea down here its not hard to get a good job if you work HARD and have some respect, for instance my dad's electrical apprentices make more than $15 and hour master electricians make upper 20s and lower 30s but that depends where your work some are around 40

firefighterjosh
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
oh yea down here its not hard to get a good job if you work HARD and have some respect, for instance my dad's electrical apprentices make more than $15 and hour master electricians make upper 20s and lower 30s but that depends where your work some are around 40

I have some machncal skills (used to be a trailer machinic)

But now I work in a call center:ermm: I train ppl over UPS - SCS Systems. (hard to explain) But It kinda sucks lol

whoamack22
10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
rootar, we need to have a ride at ur track and stuff soon, i dont know if you remember me or not but im from hot springs

Aceman
10-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Oregon....it's a diverse state. We got beaches, mountains and desert in one state. Plus with Cali and Nevada to the south, weekend getaways are always an option. You can take a few days off and road trip to Glamis.:macho

JOEX
10-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Oregon....it's a diverse state. We got beaches, mountains and desert in one state. Plus with Cali and Nevada to the south, weekend getaways are always an option. You can take a few days off and road trip to Glamis.:macho
Northeastern Oregon:cool:

Aceman
10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Hmmm....that area looks familiar.;)

Quad18star
10-19-2006, 09:26 PM
If I had to choose 1 state to move to in the USA , I'd probably choose Oregon .... for the excat reasons JOEX stated .

Moving in Canada , I'd definately move to the province of Alberta ..... their economy is BOOMING so much right now because of the oil fields . You can go out there without a highschool diploma and make $25 or more an hour plus benefits . Oh and it's the only province with such a surplus , that EVERY citizen received/receives a check for about $400+ from the Provincial Government .... doesn't matter if you're 10 years old or 100 years old . :eek2:

TRX_450
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM
you people are gonna laugh but i really like kansas...its the middle of the US....no tropical storms to take us out, no huge snow ins like up north, and if **** hits the fan with terrorists and what not....i feel safe in the middle :p

fastyz85
10-20-2006, 10:59 AM
just don't move to jersey. it sucks, no places to ride, and if you finally do the cops are on you like a prisoner on a person who dropped the soap.lol

forty
10-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 700bRad
I LOVE INDIANA!

I wouldn't say I love Indiana, but its not too bad.

orca0294
10-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I'd have to say Missoula, Montana. great town, ride on the roads right up into the mountains, hitchike, really laid back, awesome weather, snowboard, and the town is growing quickly for job oppurtunities.

LTZ400rider
10-20-2006, 10:09 PM
id love to move to arizona, u can buy a huge house for cheap, and the style of the housing is soo cool looking. i dont know how much work is out there though. id love to blast down some desert roads there, take ur quad or truck into the desert.

id like cali but too many rules and pollution.

nevada seems cool, like arizona but u got a wild city.

if i moved i think id have to visit philly alot. i would definetly miss it.

JOEX
10-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Idaho's on the other side of the river....:p

tater_kamik
10-21-2006, 11:14 AM
dont go to arkansas, lol

i want to move back to south carolina or north carolina! 3 words: hot southern girls. :D but really by the coast, ya dont get too much damage from hurricanes, property value, and good job opportunities depending where you are at. plus its warm!

10-21-2006, 12:04 PM
haha yeah i used to live in South Carolina, i loved it. wish i hadnt moved back to missouri, but i met my girl here...so then again.

hey just go to hawaii, or jamacia and be done with it lol .
sit back on the beach...and relax..........

tater_kamik
10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
i hear ya there! i lived in aiken, my sister lived in myrtle, and i had a bunch of friends that lived in charleston, which is where i want to move next. i cannot complain, i met my current girl in arkansas... and yes she has all her teeth:p