PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storage Tips

firefighterjosh
10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I am going to store my banshee over winter and was wondering what I should do?

Should I just drain the gas out of the tank and carb and run the eingine till it dry? Or is there something I can run through the system that keeps it fresh?

Should I fill the lower end all the way up with oil to keep everything lubed? (just gotta make sure I drain it in the spring)

Mxjunkie
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
When I store mine, I take the tires off and store them in my room where its warm so they wont dry rot, put the quad on stands, leave all the fluids in it so I can start it up 2-3 times a month and I cover it.. I put avation gas in it, avaition gas is guarenteed to last up to 5 years.. if you drain the tank and such of gas oring's tend to skrink and go bad..

Once spring comes I change the tranny fluid, anti-freeze and clean the carbs and throw some new plug's in it and go!

firefighterjosh
10-17-2006, 11:50 PM
The only problem I won't be starting it up throughout the winter. It will be in the corner of a really cold barn.

Mxjunkie
10-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I'd try and atleast start it once a month or once every 2 months.. I'm sure it could go all winter, I'm picky so I do stuff that you probaly dont have to do but it's good to do.. :o

firefighterjosh
10-17-2006, 11:58 PM
This is just the first winter I won't ride it:(

I will prally take the engine out of the chassis and prally won't have to worry bout it. I think I might keep the darn thing:ermm: I keep having mixed feelings:o

Mxjunkie
10-18-2006, 12:04 AM
I look at it this way.. they dont make banshee's anymore in the US, they are kinda dying out because of the 450's so why not keep it and have a piece of atv history, I know I've thought countless time's about selling mine but I allway's think how much fun it is to ride :D