PDA

View Full Version : HMF Exhaust

Bigun55
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Allright im ordering an HMF pipe for my YFZ at the end of the week. Now i have a couple of questions about it.(slip on)

Will i will an increase in power or will it be about the same as it is now?

Are they an overall good pipe? Are they worth the money?

And will the blue HMF look good on an Special Edition 07? or should i get a black one for it ?

Thanks.

jeremy_283
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
never worry about the power output of a brand of pipe because they will not differ much at all ........... just worry more about how durable it will be.......................... HMF is a well known good pipe manufacturer

firefighterjosh
10-17-2006, 11:28 PM
with the slip on you will notice a little diffrence. Not as much as a full system. Be sure to rejet.

Personally for limited edition I would get a black one.

monson
10-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
with the slip on you will notice a little diffrence. Not as much as a full system. Be sure to rejet.

^^^^
just put one on my 400ex and love it. looks, sounds, and feels awesome. i got the black chrome one and it looks bad arse (ive got a black ex) but yeah you cant go wrong with it!

jrm03
10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I am pleased with the HMF full that I just installed, its loud but very well built, and with the quiet core, its reasonable in sound. You can't go wrong with black chrome, which is what I have, but its your bike and blue would set it apart.

hangman
10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I've had an HMF slipon on my 450r for over a year. Decent power increase for a slipon and a nice sound. It's loud, just not too loud. The finish still looks good. Plus it was one of the more affordable slipons at the time.

krt400ex
10-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh

big difference between the ex and yfz. the 450s r so corked up from the factory. u will get like a good 5 hp, maybe a little more than that. hmf is a good pipe. it is well worth it. on the ex u get maybe 2hp for a slip on....u will notice a big difference on the yfz

Bigun55
10-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Awesome well thanks everyone. im orderin it tomarrow. im gonna have to go with a blue one though. i want it to match that frame and plus this winter in gonna buy some new rims for it and they aint gonna be black.