PDA

View Full Version : What would make you race the Stock class?

dvx rider1
10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
I raced the stock class last year and I always wondered why there weren't more people in it. I feel that the rules were too constricting so i am going to try to get them changes for this year and I need input. This year's rules were the following:
1. You can changes your handlebars but have to keep stock levers, grips, etc.
2. You can change your tires only, not your wheels

Everything else had to stay: stock exhaust w/ baffle in, airlid on, stock air filter, stock axle, no cutting of your fenders, etc.

The reason this class was introdeuced (besides the fact that the title sponsor was producing the first ever made to race ATV; BTW an ATK won the class) was to give an affordable option to the casual racer. It is a C- level/ introductory level class so keep that in mind when you put on here what you want. Instead of having to buy a $7k quad then add $4k to it immediately to compete, you could simply make your <$200/month payment, buy a $40 killswitch, $150 nerfs and race on a GNC track. It is not meant for guys looking to wow their friends or move up, it's a beginner/old guys class so that everyone could be embraced to race.
That said, here's my proposed change list:
1. Allow aftermarket air filters and remove lids
2. Stock exhaust, but remove the baffles
3. Stock shock bodies, but rebuilds are allowed(i.e. no Elka, PEP, etc but a Quinn rebuild ok)
4. Steering stabilizer/dampner
5. Aftermarket wheels and tires allowed
6. Changes to 'blingy' items ok-bumper, grab bar, levers, throttles, graphics, seat covers, any other non-performance items

with those changes, the only performance advantage would be a K&N($50) and a total shock rebuild($500), so we're still talking very cheap compared to say a B level ATV that would have a swingarm($500-1200), aftermarket shocks($800-THE SKY), a arms($500-1000), and that's before we even talk about motor work. I think this would help, what do you think?

LTR450_#67
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure Ryan wouldn't have won that class if some of those new rules were applied this first season, but rules are rules. I think those changes would help a lot. I definitely agree the rules were very constricting the first season for that class.

later
Aaron

diangelo#67
11-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I would have won by 21 points if I kept stock levers on my bike in fla

LTR450_#67
11-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah Ryan protested about the smallest things from what I heard. I mean honestly do you think grips or handlebars would actually make ur quad faster? No not really..... Anyways I'm getting off of the subject. The class should really take off this next season I think. I myself am almost thinking of running it. I am suprised that it's not being out of control with the many riders in the sport. I mean it does take a lil money to travel but other than that the purpose for the class is to keep the cost down and it does compared to the many other classes.

my .02 cents

later
Aaron