PDA

View Full Version : Muddy at the Ironman

thunderisland
10-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Well it looks like the Ironman will be a mud bath again this year as it has rained all night here in Indiana and going to rain throughout the day.The forecast calls for more rain Thursday so it appears that it will be sloppy.Looking forward to seeing all of our friends.

Arctic Cat Dad
10-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Just the way he likes it. It's been a muddy mess there for the past 3 years. Last year was the worst. Were leaving Thursday night to be there early Friday morning. Looking fowards to seeing ya there Rich along with all the other great friends we made.

Here's a picture from last year's muddy Ironman.

thunderisland
10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm picking Caleb up after school we should roll in about 5 or 5:30 if you guys don't mind waiting we'll walk the track together if not that's cool.Did you ever get that picture developed at Steele Creek of all the boys?See ya Friday

Arctic Cat Dad
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Rich I forgot all about them. There in my truck. I'll take them in the morning to get them done. I'll bring them with us. I'd really like to walk the track with ya'll, But that's kinda late. Robbie's not bringing the trailer,to far to pull,takes to long. So looks like a Motel for us this trip. Michael has to be in bed at 8:00. That won't leave enough time to eat and get there hour of swimming in before bed. He likes a good swim to keep in shape before a race.

thunderisland
10-18-2006, 04:14 AM
The pictures would be great hey I totally understand about waiting on us.We'll see you at the line Saturday morning.Tell Mikey good luck.........

hr15
10-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Congrats to all the kids that survived the Ironman.The weather was great while we were there but the rain that was left earlier in the week made the course a real challenge.Youth coverage?:)

thunderisland
10-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Overall pretty good weekend glad the quads ran Saturday instead of Sunday as the weather was really cold and windy yesterday.Congrats to everyone who did well,Caleb pulled the holeshot but problems occured later and he only got 2 laps in.Hopefully the damage won't be too bad on the checkbook.Great season in the GNCC for everybody we had a great time.

Arctic Cat Dad
10-23-2006, 08:49 AM
It was a little cold in the morning,but the track conditions were perfect! The track layout was awesome. It was a very fast track and plenty of room to pass in the woods and even more in the fast field sections.

Congrats to hr15's son Matt with a 7th overall a great job son.

Thunder sorry to hear you guys had problems.

We had so much fun this year. We have made some great friends and look foward to seeing every1 at the banquet and seeing every1 next year.

cwjr
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Awesome season....When is the Florida race ???