PDA

View Full Version : Rappers are now rapping to techno

TGW_400ex
10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow I downloaded Ludacis's new cd and he definatly is rapping to Satiffaction by Benny Bennassi! It's so good.

Mxjunkie
10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
I noticed that rap has changed a little it's getting alot more into beats and such instead of the hardcore I'm gonna shoot so and so crap..

10-17-2006, 05:57 AM
i love rap, but most of the new stuff is trash! Rap is so much better when they are trying to get a point across....i cant wait for nas's new album called "hip hop is dead" hes one of the last decent rappers still around

im sorry but Ludacriss is horrible, lil jon cant rap and young joc or whoever its pure garbage, listen to some old NAS, 2pac, notoriout BIG, dr.dre....i love the hip hop from early to mid 90s bnut now there is hardly any of it left

support real hip hop and go get nas' new album hip hop is dead when it comes out in december

SnowFlake
10-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
i love rap, but most of the new stuff is trash! Rap is so much better when they are trying to get a point across....i cant wait for nas's new album called "hip hop is dead" hes one of the last decent rappers still around

im sorry but Ludacriss is horrible, lil jon cant rap and young joc or whoever its pure garbage, listen to some old NAS, 2pac, notoriout BIG, dr.dre....i love the hip hop from early to mid 90s bnut now there is hardly any of it left

support real hip hop and go get nas' new album hip hop is dead when it comes out in december

hes got a point

rbgnwa45
10-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Good thread :D But rap is certainly NOT dead. There is only one way it's ever going, and that's UP! What is dead is the media coverage. All that new 'crunk' (young joc, anybody with a 'lil' in their name) is just mainstream MTV-like music meant to glorify their persona in "what I'd do if you do this" situations, just add a heavy bass line and it sells. Listen to Pac, Biggie, OLD Jay-z (such as the blueprint), Nas, KRS-one, a tribe called quest, deadprez etc. There are so many songs you can download off the internet that are much better than songs you'd see on BET, and don't even get me started on RADIO, which overplays chit songs to no end. I'm glad to hear Nas is working on another album, because his last one (street's disciple) was DIGGITY DOPE, which was also supposedly his last.

Producers:

Will.i.am (of the Black Eyed Peas)
DJ Premier
Salaam Remi
Timbaland
Will.I.Am
Scott Storch
Kanye West
Dr. Dre
The Neptunes
Chris Webber

Guest Artists

Scarface (where's he been?)
The Product
Jay-Z
Rakim
Damien Marley (this rastas siiick)
Michael Jackson (?)
Snoop Dogg
The Game (east coast meets west, sweet :) )

Also, the name for the album is not 'hip-hop is dead', I believe that is his new single, the album is titled "N!gga".

10-17-2006, 07:06 AM
so now rappers are sampling from people who samples other people...nice...great creativity there...

even more reason for me not to like that crap...

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 08:47 AM

You better listen to his album he is trying to get a point across. He's talks about TI because he dissed him this summer.

LTZ400rider
10-17-2006, 09:21 AM
every rapper just steals samples from classic rock, or 50's music

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I like how everyone disses rap. It is true lately raps been ****y but it takes talent to rap just like any other genre(sp?) of music. I like rap country and metal. They all have good points some people just don't see that.

10-17-2006, 09:51 AM
anybody can rap...music is harder to create than rhymes...

seriously...weird all yankovic can rap...have you heard his white and nerdy(ridin' dirty by chamillionaire) that song is friggin hilarious...that takes more talent than than the actual rapper has...oh wait, not really...he is doing the same thing as chamilionaire...

and old "skool" rappers sampled just as much as modern rappers, they just hid it more...

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
anybody can rap...music is harder to create than rhymes...

seriously...weird all yankovic can rap...have you heard his white and nerdy(ridin' dirty by chamillionaire) that song is friggin hilarious...that takes more talent than than the actual rapper has...oh wait, not really...he is doing the same thing as chamilionaire...

and old "skool" rappers sampled just as much as modern rappers, they just hid it more...

Make a rap and send it to me then.

rbgnwa45
10-17-2006, 09:55 AM
For anyone who dislikes rap and that whole scene, try wrighting your own rhymes, it's easier said than done. Most people are like...Yoooo...I got a gun and will shoot you for fun...My rims spinning my rims are spinning...You have to find the true talent that is out there. Let it come from the heart, and you should almost be telling a story that has a lesson in it.

Ruby Soho
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
yeah, and you rappers that dislike the rock/metal scene

you try to write a song on guitar, with words:chinese:

10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
i could, i have before. it don't convey very well with written words.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 10:10 AM
i could, i have before. it don't convey very well with written words.

I smell excuses.

But anyways heres the song.

Ludacris - Ultimate Satisfaction

Ruby Soho
10-17-2006, 10:11 AM
yeah but you say (not you, people in general) say rap is hard. i think playing instruments and singing is ALOT harder. rap is cake compared to writing music.

but thats just my opinion.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
yeah but you say (not you, people in general) say rap is hard. i think playing instruments and singing is ALOT harder. rap is cake compared to writing music.

but thats just my opinion.

I'm not trying to say any form of music is easy its all hard. Alot of rappers make their own beats also. Making beats is by far not easy.

Ruby Soho
10-17-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah i know that.

still easier then making riffs, and licks etc... with guitar/bass/drums :D

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
yeah i know that.

still easier then making riffs, and licks etc... with guitar/bass/drums :D

I don't know man I've tried to make cool sounding beats. Easier said then done.

10-17-2006, 10:42 AM
obviuosly, i have never heard the song, but let me dl it and get used to the beat... since i have to go to work shortly...i'll have something for you tomorrow...

Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I smell excuses.

But anyways heres the song.

Ludacris - Ultimate Satisfaction

PismoLocal
10-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Here in california all the guys I hang out with that like rap are talking about the hyphy movement of rap I don't know if you have heard of it (I think its just a california thing) but in California Pretty much everybody that listens to rap is listening to Keak da sneak, Mac Dre and all the Bay area rappers.

10-17-2006, 10:45 AM
i saw that keak da sneak on one of the mtv birthday shows when my wife was awtching it...that is worse than normal rap...

PismoLocal
10-17-2006, 10:48 AM
i saw that keak da sneak on one of the mtv birthday shows when my wife was awtching it...that is worse than normal rap...
Ya its pretty lame at least you dont have to put up with a bunch of white kids walking around saying "Whadiddadiz?" and "Yadadameen/Yadadamsayin?"

Hyphy rap is californias answer to crunk rap.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Ya its pretty lame at least you dont have to put up with a bunch of white kids walking around saying "Whadiddadiz?" and "Yadadameen/Yadadamsayin?"

Hyphy rap is californias answer to crunk rap.

I really don't like Hyphy rap but thats just me.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
obviuosly, i have never heard the song, but let me dl it and get used to the beat... since i have to go to work shortly...i'll have something for you tomorrow...

Download the original song too

Benny Benassi - Satifaction

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Ya I dont like it all. I really dont listen to rap all that much but the cd's I do have are all 90's snoop, dre,biggie and twista. I also have the first 2 Three 6 Mafia Cd's and pretty much every Tech N9ne CD except for celcius.

Ludacris's new cd is pretty good I'd reccommend checking it out.

PismoLocal
10-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I really don't like Hyphy rap but thats just me.
Ya I dont like it all. I really dont listen to rap all that much but the cd's I do have are all 90's snoop, dre,biggie and twista. I also have the first 2 Three 6 Mafia Cd's and pretty much every Tech N9ne CD except for celcius.

ny300exrider
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
im into a ton of different music. one day i listen to hardcore music, the next i listen to rap. when it comes to driving, i have to have rap playing in the car, just something weird with me. im more into the underground hip hop style rap. it's pretty comical seeing a group of so called thugs turn around when they hear rap and then see me- a skinny white boy wearing motocross shirts bumping rap songs they never heard in theyre life. some of my fav.artists as of now are the jedi mind tricks crew(vinny paz, apathy, celph titled, etc.), the weathermen(cage one, yak ballz, tame one, aesop rock, etc.), benifit, typical cats and than of course the old biggie, nas, shyne, etc.

10-17-2006, 12:30 PM
the only hip hop albums i see myself buy that are new would be the new Nas when it comes out, styles p, jadakiss talib kweli and a few others....as far as the whole 50 cent lil jon garbage, i just cant stand it...and whats even worse is when people ask me what kind of music i like i say rap and they assume its the ***** on the radio....

and for the people that say they can rhyme easy, check out nas's song called "rewind" and also check out "new world" by nas, and i could list a whole page of good 2pac songs thats are very creative and have great meaning

10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Rap is not easy. Rock is not easy. There both hard. But with rap you have to rhyme, and have to rhyme good.

Go listen to a REAL rap song, not this lil jon garbage.

EDIT: back on topic, I have a remix of satisfaction with 50's in da club. Its actually flows pretty good too.

440bigborekit
10-17-2006, 01:01 PM
yeah, and you rappers that dislike the rock/metal scene

you try to write a song on guitar, with words:chinese:

ok ill just learn how to play gutiar realy loud and screem into a mike realy loud for 5 min there you go metal and i like rock but that hardcore metal stuff is all trashh bud sorry

10-17-2006, 01:14 PM
and for the people that think 50 can rap...jadakiss challenged him to a 1 million dollar battle on pay per view, he said he would meet 50 cent anywhere in the world and there can be 3 judges, 50 cent can choose them all.....50 cent never took the challenge because he knwos a real rapper like jadakiss, nas, 2pac, talib kweli, common, styles p, immortal technique would absoltuly murder him in a battle....its sad cuz the real good rappers usually dont ever make it

ZeroLogic
10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Rap was runied when Ludaicris and 50 cent came out. Early 90s stuff was the best.

10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
i agree rap in the 90s was good, i say from 1991-1997 was prolly the best era

DEAL
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure playing a guitar is much harder than rapping.
Rap artists come and go .. whatever is the flavour this month is what the kids will listen to.
and as for listening to all this crap about "challenging" each other .. come on ...
I'd love to see the day when the rock bands start challenging each other.
I really don't think they will ever go that low though.

ny300exrider
10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
and for the people that think 50 can rap...jadakiss challenged him to a 1 million dollar battle on pay per view, he said he would meet 50 cent anywhere in the world and there can be 3 judges, 50 cent can choose them all.....50 cent never took the challenge because he knwos a real rapper like jadakiss, nas, 2pac, talib kweli, common, styles p, immortal technique would absoltuly murder him in a battle....its sad cuz the real good rappers usually dont ever make it you got it man, thats how it is. those dudes you listed would put the hurting on most of these wannabe rappers on mtv today and have nowheres near equal money or exposure.

10-17-2006, 01:46 PM
nothing wrong with challenging people....isnt rock the music that started all those "battle of the bands" competitions anyways...??? lol:p

and i do agree that soem rappers come and go, but the 2pacs, biggies, and nas, dr.dre...they all been around 10-15 years... what happened to 311? and limp bizket???

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Rap was runied when Ludaicris and 50 cent came out. Early 90s stuff was the best.

Ludacris can rap sorry.

PismoLocal
10-17-2006, 02:00 PM
nothing wrong with challenging people....isnt rock the music that started all those "battle of the bands" competitions anyways...??? lol:p

and i do agree that soem rappers come and go, but the 2pacs, biggies, and nas, dr.dre...they all been around 10-15 years... what happened to 311? and limp bizket???
lol I actually just went to a 311 concert in august.

woodsman250r
10-17-2006, 02:10 PM
This is to all hip hop bashers that think it takes no talent to make a good rap song. Just read these brilliant lyrics and try to tell me that these new rappers don't have talent.

Do yo chain hang low,
Do it wobble to da flo,
Do it shine in da light,
Iz it platinum, iz it gold?
Could you throw it ova ya shoulda,
If you hot it make you cold,
Do ya chain hang low?

...that is just pure writting talent right there folks.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
This is to all hip hop bashers that think it takes no talent to make a good rap song. Just read these brilliant lyrics and try to tell me that these new rappers don't have talent.

Do yo chain hang low,
Do it wobble to da flo,
Do it shine in da light,
Do ya chain hang low?

Your funny.

ny300exrider
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM

Do yo chain hang low,
Do it wobble to da flo,
Do it shine in da light,
Do ya chain hang low?

...that is just pure writting talent right there folks. shows how great mainstream "rap" is

what garbage.

rollie
10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
ok ill just learn how to play gutiar realy loud and screem into a mike realy loud for 5 min there you go metal and i like rock but that hardcore metal stuff is all trashh bud sorry

i disagree, if you listen to alot of hardcore **** you will realize how much talent it takes to make, not that rap doesnt take talent,but hardcore music is deffintaly hard to make, Drop Dead, Gourgues,As I Lay Dying,the devil wears Prada, Fear before the march of flames,Evergreen terrace is all good, im not saying rap isnt hard to make, i couldnt make a decent rap up to save my life

yellow400ex05
10-17-2006, 02:31 PM
what about Eminem , Isn't he one of the newer rappers?

DEAL
10-17-2006, 02:41 PM

Do yo chain hang low,
Do it wobble to da flo,
Do it shine in da light,
Do ya chain hang low?

wow
Pure talent right there.

440bigborekit
10-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i disagree, if you listen to alot of hardcore **** you will realize how much talent it takes to make, not that rap doesnt take talent,but hardcore music is deffintaly hard to make, Drop Dead, Gourgues,As I Lay Dying,the devil wears Prada, Fear before the march of flames,Evergreen terrace is all good, im not saying rap isnt hard to make, i couldnt make a decent rap up to save my life

i kno that stuffs good im talking aboyt hardcore metal where its all screaming the whole song ight rolie pollie ollie at the bollie club lol wahts up kid?

Stevie-D
10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Do yo chain hang low,
Do it wobble to da flo,
Do it shine in da light,
Do ya chain hang low?

ya know, i was flippin throught the stations and thought that i heard that tune with some bass in it one one of the stations. thought i was going crazy..but looks like somebody actually rapped to this tune?!?!?!:huh

rollie
10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
i kno that stuffs good im talking aboyt hardcore metal where its all screaming the whole song ight rolie pollie ollie at the bollie club lol wahts up kid?

hahah not to much, this is almost as fun as the dirtbike vs quad arguement:D

440bigborekit
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
your just mad cuz my 150 watt tables are wayyy louder then yours lmfao that cool man but nothings touching the db vs. atv arguement lol we gotta go riding soon tho bro get at me on aim lata

troutman561
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
I dispise that damn chain hangs low song, i like mostly rock but listen to some rap, which of course like everyone is saying is some of the older stuff, all the new crap sounds the same and is stupid..

440bigborekit
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
comeon troutman are you still mad cuz your chain dont hang low dont be hatin nukka or ima put a shell in yo *** lmfao that song does suck a big one omg its anoying i totally agree

10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
yeah those lyrcs that were posted before about your chain hangin low is pure trash, i agree, but there is a ton of hip hop that never gets radio play....

just like styles p said "they focus on the megative attention/ Do something positive and never get mentioned"

and for those horrible rap lyrics i can post up some freak band that has tattoos and a nose ring, lip ring, ear rings and eyebrow rings with a chain connectiong them all that are just screaming into a mic.....

There is good and bad in everything, i like some rock and i like some hip hop and i hate some of the both too

and if anyone wants me to post up some good hip hop lyrics, i can, and if some of u guys heard the way it flows and how some fo the rhymes come right off the top of their heads (in freestyles) you would be amazed!

Hondadudeehhhh
10-17-2006, 07:06 PM
People say it's so easy to make a rap song or a rap. But listen to some of Nas's or Kanye West's beast/rhymes. Its not all about bustin a cap in someone's ***. I love rock; underoath, killswitch, ect. But rap is great too though, all kinds of rap.
Lets do a comparison of mainstream rock to main stream rap
"..my heart is in ohio, so cut my wrists and black my eyes"
vs. "Do ya chain hang low?"
both god awful songs but big hits. It just comes down to what sounds good to your ears, dont knock other people because of what they like or don't like.

Ruby Soho
10-17-2006, 07:07 PM
i dont mind early rap, from like the 80's early 90s

but this **** on tv now is pathetic

"chicken noodle soup"

now that is plain annoying, and pointless.

10-17-2006, 07:19 PM
i love good hip hop....a song where u rewind it on your CD player cuz they r saying some crazya$s *****!!

or when you listen to some old nas songs he literally paints a picture, he can tell you all the details thru a story, and make it all rhyme with the beat....so good...its such a shame 50 cents "in da club" sold 11 million or whatever and nas's just a moment didnt sell 1 million...

right now i am listen to 2pac baby dont cry (keep ya head up part2) and hes talkin about this girl that got raped and how she wants to kill herself and 2pac wont let her....SO GOOD but it dont sell!!! people dont even wanna hear something good people just want to shake their laffy taffy and jam out to some ludacris....its sad to think what hip hop could be...it really sad that the good stuff dont get on TV

rooster_20
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I know im gonna get flammed for this but Rap Sucks anybody can make a rap song about killing people sellin drugs or stealin food stamps off of granny ladies but thats just my opinion. Their stupid rap songs are about the dumbest things chicken noodle soup? Ice cream and cake? In my White T; another gangsta fav In My Black T; not to be confused with, In My Pink T; and last but not least my homie fav yo, In My Throwback; how stupid are these songs? ANYBODY CAN MAKE A RAP SONG!!!!!!! Have you herd Wierd Als Song??? White and Nerdy... That song is the best rap song of the year and he is makin fun of the gangster homies its just crazy.

My Parody of Chain Hang Lo

Does your quad ride slow
need a bore kit bro
need to get you their fast
so you can ride with your ho

you could go for DAYS!!!!!!! SOOO EASY

10-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by rooster_20
I know im gonna get flammed for this but Rap Sucks anybody can make a rap song about killing people sellin drugs or stealin food stamps off of granny ladies but thats just my opinion.

well rock sucks, all they sing about is cutting their wrists, hating their life and just ***** the whole time.

Anyway. I'm pretty sure Games 300 bars and running is a freestyle. I would LOVE to see a rock band, sing a song straight from there head not writing anything down and making music to flow with it. In case you don't know what bars are.. Its the line of a song. 300 bars is about 15 minutes.

10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
rooster, i have no problem with you saying that...now go and record a video with you on a beat right now freestyling for the next 3-4 min about everything you see, make it all rhyme and flow nice and be on the beat....you will have major props if you can...alot of rappers can just walk down the street and rhyme....hell i remmeber a freestyle with eminem where they threw him out random words like "battery" and "peanut butter" and he would just rhyme his next few bars and have the end of his line rhyme with the word that they threw out...amazing!!! I remmeber a sticky fingas freestyle called "jackin 4 beats" and they would throw a beat out like a old jay-z beat or something and he would rhyme with the flow of that beat, an then after about 40 seconds they would mix it inot the next beat and he would flow wit the next one...beat after beat just flowing....all off the top of his head....now go make a video of you doing that and then we can see how funny it will be....

10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
great point nofearrider....300 bars in 15 minutes....go rooster....right now

heres a freestyle of crooked i....some no name rapper that dont even have an album out...watch him tear it up....all off the top of his head...thats skill i dont care what anyone says....he has no idea what beat is going to play...just watch 4 urself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EeYQZYiZFM

rooster_20
10-17-2006, 08:12 PM
yea i dont want to rap or make a awsome gangster rap video of me doin drivebys on my ex ridin spinners I was just sayin everybody idolizes rapers and why? Anybody can do it, you just have to act the part and know a gangster. Thats all

10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
great point nofearrider....300 bars in 15 minutes....go rooster....right now

heres a freestyle of crooked i....some no name rapper that dont even have an album out...watch him tear it up....all off the top of his head...thats skill i dont care what anyone says....he has no idea what beat is going to play...just watch 4 urself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EeYQZYiZFM

holy **** that was amazing

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
yea i dont want to rap or make a awsome gangster rap video of me doin drivebys on my ex ridin spinners I was just sayin everybody idolizes rapers and why? Anybody can do it, you just have to act the part and know a gangster. Thats all

If you can't make a rap leave my thread please. I love metal and rap. There is good new rap just not the last year or two. You seriously have a problem if you don't like one rap song.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
what about Eminem , Isn't he one of the newer rappers?

Eminem is a very talented rapper. Anyone that thinks eminem isn't your sadly mistaken. If you think rapping takes no talent try to keep up with crooked I.

10-17-2006, 08:22 PM
i ainit askin you to do a drive by....just a decent rap...right now i am listening to 2pacs dear mama...maybe you should download it...its a classic!

10-17-2006, 08:22 PM

You dont get it.
Oh well give me a qutair and a day on mxtabs.net and Ill make a rock song. After I put on my eyeliner and cut my wrists a bunch of times.

Who idozlies rappers? We jut like the music. No one idolizes them.

And these guys dont act gangsta, they dont rap about drivebys and spinning rims... 100% freestyle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-TwS2zY8c&mode=related&search= hmm a couple a white guys rapping? Not its not eminem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni1NCPNZ8A&mode=related&search=

rooster_20
10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I already made a rap man, lol and it was way better than chain hang lo. I dont like metal I like old rock BIG difference, but I guess I have listened to some rap if that makes you happy but its not skill or talent. Honda86 lets hear some awsome rap from you im just curious.

10-17-2006, 08:28 PM
i beleive it, now post...its been about 10-15 min...i hope its atleast 100 bars...does it have metaphores??

10-17-2006, 08:29 PM
i never claimed rap was easy like you said...you said anyone can rap...your someone arnt you?? i know rock and rap both take skill

TGW_400ex
I already made a rap man, lol and it was way better than chain hang lo. I dont like metal I like old rock BIG difference, but I guess I have listened to some rap if that makes you happy but its not skill or talent. Honda86 lets hear some awsome rap from you im just curious.

You are the most music ignorant person I have ever seen. Please take a gun and shoot yourself for the sake of the world.

chain hang lo is not rap.

10-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Ill give you a D for effort.
No rhyme, no flow,only 6 out of 300 bars and makes no sense.

Since rap is all about rims and drivebys classic rock is all about tripping on shrooms.

10-17-2006, 08:45 PM
no metaphores, no passon in it and what beat is it supposed to fit??

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Did you guys listen to the eminem wake up show! Amazing.

10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
post up a link if you got it! eminem is tight

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
post up a link if you got it! eminem is tight
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKEdsfx6J7s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKEdsfx6J7s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

woodsman250r
10-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Rap music is pure garbage no matter how you try to say how they have "talent" and how it is "art." It isn't music, and you can't understand what they are talking about. Even if you could you would just hear 90% profanity. I hate to break it to all you losers that stick up for Nas and Eminem but they suck so deal with it. Also for the record I don't listen to hardcore slit my wrist and eat a dead corpse death metal. I listen to music that actually took talent to compose you know with ancient tools refered to as "instruments" that took skill to play. Not some synthesiser laying some "phat" bassline with some idiot babbling about his chain hangin low.

TGW_400ex
10-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Rap music is pure garbage no matter how you try to say how they have "talent" and how it is "art." It isn't music, and you can't understand what they are talking about. Even if you could you would just hear 90% profanity. I hate to break it to all you losers that stick up for Nas and Eminem but they suck so deal with it. Also for the record I don't listen to hardcore slit my wrist and eat a dead corpse death metal. I listen to music that actually took talent to compose you know with ancient tools refered to as "instruments" that took skill to play. Not some synthesiser laying some "phat" bassline with some idiot babbling about his chain hangin low.

Nah you just have no taste and couldn't see talent if it bit you on the nose.

10-17-2006, 10:57 PM
nas dont have skill?? eminem dont have skill??? you prolly think 2pacs keep ya head up is trash too huh?? i like alot of different types of music....

heres a verse from a song by nas where is compared the 1900s- to the 2000's....just read and it try to read it the way he raps and how it flows........so good

Say goodbye to the brainwashed
Say goodbye to the young kids who not smart
Say goodbye to the toasters and Pop-Tarts
Yo, it's real
Swallow a little pill, there's a four-course meal
Say hello to the one world
Say hello to the sky, somethin's out there watchin you and I
More enticin than Star Trek, StarTec phones
Your genes and DNA is used to make clones
You got CD-Rom, everythang operates by computers
Then what happens when circuit breaks
Y2K's the big scare
Scientists say we ain't prepared
What I feel is contrare
Alexander Graham Bell made telephones, yes
But now we request for your e-mail address
I might be old fashioned, stuck in my ways
But nothin make me more happier than seein today

how is that not talented?? and to get hsi point across in 3 different verses and making it fit the beat....very very good hip hop

rbgnwa45
10-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Eminem and Nas are some of the most influencial, controversial, talked about, listened to people on earth. They are smart people who have made themselves into millionairs with a fanbase empire. Rap isn't really 'art'. It's an expression of self :eek2: I don't know why everyone is saying that one thing is better or harder than the other music genre because guess what: ITS ALWAYS HARD TO MAKE IT IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY :huh The only time I can't understand what a rapper is saying is either because he's twista and he's too fast or he's very southern and me being Canadian the accents sound weird. Or maybe you just don't WANT to know what their saying (like selective hearing). Believe me there are many rap songs without the use of cursing, but who doesn't curse in music? Cursing is the language of emotion. It's in MANY types of music genres.

0ne love :macho

One thing 'bout music when it hits you feel no pain
White folks say it controls yo' brain
I know better than that, that's game
And we ready for that - two soldiers head of the pack
Matter of fact, who got the gat?
And where my army at? Rather attack and not react
Back to beats, it don't reflect on how many records get sold
On sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll
Whether your project's put on hold
In the real world; these just people with ideas
They just like me and you when the smoke and camera disappear
Against the real world
It's bigger than all these fake-*** records
When po' folks got the millions and my woman's disrespected
If you check 1-2, my word of advice to you is just relax
Just do what you got to do; if that don't work, then kick the
facts
If you a fighter, rider, biter, flame-ignitor, crowd-exciter
Or you wanna jus' get high, then just say it
But then if you a liar-liar, pants on fire, wolf-crier, agent
wit' a wire
I'm gon' know it when I play it

JLanphear
10-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Okay, if rap doesn't take talent then I challenge anyone who believes that to post up a video of themselves rapping.

I like certain songs from a bunch of different kinds of music, and I'm not hating on anybody's opinion on if Rap is good or not because that is completely your choice. However to say that it takes no talent is not correct.

If rap took no talent, I'd gladly do it and make a few million, then retire....haha.

Oh, and I especially love the "no talent" comments from the people who like freakin death metal, where all you hear is a guy screaming at the top of his lungs, and music in the background that sounds like a bunch of monkey's in Martha Stewarts kitchen.

Just my .02

Lgnrider424
10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
a rapper is a kid who brags and acts big...
a rhymer is a nigga who can handle his biz.
listen to quality control by jurasic 5
pretty much explains everything you need to know about the hip hop industry. coming from a guy who makes beats for a living