PDA

View Full Version : Electrical? Maybe

400exBVA
10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I was riding my 2002 Honda 400ex the other day and I stopped to talk to one of my friends. When I went to start it, the neutral light was on and after I hit the start button I heard one click and everything went out. The quad will drift start but I don't get headlights or anything while the key is turned. When I start it the neutral light will flicker green. I can't figure out what is wrong PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

ImplodedMindZ
10-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Did u check all your battery connections, this happend to me 2 times, once was just a loose battery cable the other time the cable broke right at the terminal. took a while to find b/c it was so intermittent and barely visible.

AtvKid4Eva
10-17-2006, 08:23 AM
you def. blew the fuse in the back by the battery which probably means you have two wires touching somewhere or a wire is grounding out on the frame...check that first.

Jblazin98
10-17-2006, 12:40 PM
How tough is this fuse to locate behind the battery???

I was having the same problem with my EX, i just put a new battery in it and went riding and noticed the taillight wires came out and grounded on the frame..Would that cause the fuse to blow???

10-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
How tough is this fuse to locate behind the battery???

I was having the same problem with my EX, i just put a new battery in it and went riding and noticed the taillight wires came out and grounded on the frame..Would that cause the fuse to blow???

EAsy. Theirs a little white cap on top of it. Their should be 2 their. the burnt one and the other one is a spair.

Its located next to battory with a little white cap over it. It has 2 fuses. 1 is a spair and the other one gets used. So if it is blown then just switch fuses but you will keep blowing them every time till the whires are fixed if it is a bair whire.

You can rigg your quad up to use no fuses.

10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Also that click does not mean a fuse. I had lots of troubles that i fixed.

That click can be a fuse. if the fuse burnt then you need a new one and need to find the whire that made it burn.

I think is you have a loose connection. Some times a connection gets loose and when you hit the start butten it will make a clicking noise or no noise at all. That clicking can/will melt metal.

i had a loose connection cause i lost a bolt and rigged up a spring and stuff. Well for me to start it i had to push on the connection with my foot and hit the start button adn it woudl through sparks off the battory till it started. The nobs were all melted adn deformed.