PDA

View Full Version : Gearing...

AtvKid4Eva
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Alright guys heres the deal i just put some 8 inch beadlocks on my 450 with 18 inch tires. Ive heard that you dont need to change ther gearing on the hondas but mine seems to rev out a lot faster but at the same time it almost feels perfect. I was just wondering what the best gearing for MX would be? and help would be great.

bumble bee band
10-16-2006, 08:47 PM
if you have the green wire mod jet it corrctly and run with it thats what i did!!!!!!!!!:cool:

''RIDE FAST AS YOU CAN FOR TOMMORROW MIGHT CATCH UP WITH YOU''

AtvKid4Eva
10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
uhhh OK:rolleyes: Anyone else who actually has some helpful information....?

ghott
10-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
uhhh OK:rolleyes: Anyone else who actually has some helpful information....?

Thats some funny chit...but seriously...here is a gearing chart.

Stock 05' gearing is 14t front, 38t rear.

If you want closer gearing, take the front sprocket down in teeth, or take the rear sprocket up in teeth. This results in a lower top speed, but more quickness.

If you want taller gearing, take the front sprocket up in teeth, or take the rear sprocket down in teeth. This results in a higher top speed, but less quickness.

Gearing ratio chart:

AtvKid4Eva
10-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks a lot man i have an 05 thats exactly what i needed to see.. anyone else with any combinations they use for mx could you post them as well...thanks again.

trick250r
10-17-2006, 08:29 AM
also keep in mind that going up one tooth in the front is not the same as going down one tooth in the back. think of the back sprocket as your fine adjustment. for MX it really depends on what track you're at and what the conditions are. generally if you're at a small track, you'll want close gearing but if you're at a fast, wide open track, you'll want taller gearing. just use trial and error, just whatever works best for you... hope this helped a little bit.

KrazyKeith
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I think that going up 1 in the front is like dropping two in the rear. Pretty close to that anyway.

450rboy
10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
well i went down a tooth on the front sprocket to a 13, but i also have a cam it in with a dyno jet kit , k & n air filter, and hole in the air box lid.

with all that i love it. its great for mx but i am thinking about going up a couple of teeth or so on the rear. i also run the kend claw tires but i have the 20 in xc ones and they last a long time. the reason i got the xc ones though is becuase i didn't race to much this summer.

thats my story for ya

TMSmx47
10-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Natalie runs a 13/36 on his 450r.. i tried the 13/38, but found the best results at 14/39or40 most