PDA

View Full Version : front end heavy???

rollie
10-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Is this true? i rode one and it kind of felt like it and ive heard of a few people saying the front end of these bikes are heavy and makes the nose dive...am i hearing storys?

Nick110
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
yes. You are hearing stories.

Warnerade
10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
thats beyond a story...they fly perfect in the air.

CdaleXtreme
10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Whoever you heard this from most likely has their suspension setup improperly.

Baracudaaa
10-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Compared to other quads I have owned the LTR just feels heavy up front when you try and pick it up off the ground, that is because most of the weight is more foward than on other bikes, but this only makes it fly better and keep the front end down on fast starts than the Yamis I have had in the past.

LTR450_#67
10-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I have problems with my frontend always being nose down most of the time when I jump. My friends (who are local A riders) tell me this all the time and I've noticed it too, but never really thought anything of it that much. When they ride it they jump my own quad better and smoother than me, I'm kinda jealous. They ride Hondas too! One a TRX and the other a custom CRF. They like the LTR a lot though! They tell me I lean too far forward, but it feels normal to me. Then again my Z400 was nose high when I jumped that, so I'm guessing I need to adjust my jumping position and move my handlebars back a lil. That should help my armpump a good amount and put less strain on the quad too.

What do you guys think?

I'm really sorry about Hijacking this thread hardcore!!

later
Aaron

Baracudaaa
10-18-2006, 11:15 AM
You are going nose down on jumps because you are letting off the throttle on the jump. Try giving it even or aggressive gas throughout the jump face, especially right before you launch, it will keep the quad in a neutral or level jump position.

LTR450_#67
10-18-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm not saying ur wrong 'cuda but its not like the front of the quad is pointed down really bad like I dont' give it throttle at all. Maybe I'm not giving it enough on take off.:confused:

Thanks
Aaron

snox31
10-18-2006, 07:19 PM
i have ridden and race all kinds of quads and for a stock machine this is by far the best i have ridden,even compared to high dollar suspended machines.it flys awesome

Warnerade
10-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
I'm not saying ur wrong 'cuda but its not like the front of the quad is pointed down really bad like I dont' give it throttle at all. Maybe I'm not giving it enough on take off.:confused:

Thanks
Aaron ya, just give it a little more on the take off. Dont over do it though.

CdaleXtreme
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
1. try speeding your rebound up in the front by 1/4 turn, and slow the rear down by two clicks. ONLY two clicks.

2. body positioning. You most likely are not neutral on the bike. Try moving your handlebars back just a tad.

3. It isnt always good to use more throttle on the faces of jumps because this will put you higher in the air, and air is slow. you want to stay low and get back on the ground as fast as possible.

LTR450_#67
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm hoping to try these adjustments maybe Sunday but who knows. Its supposed to snow/rain mix Saturday/Saturdaynight.
I think first I am going to adjust my body positioning. Then adjust the suspension.

Oh, Kyle I know that lower is faster, but I know sometimes it feels like I'm falling out of the sky. Probably do to too much throttle on the face of the jump I'm guessing like you said.

Thanks for the input guys

later
Aaron