PDA

View Full Version : do you need the spark arrestor in the oregon dunes??

New-400ex_guy
09-05-2002, 09:12 PM
i know you need it at national forest lands, but do i need it in the oregon dunes?? i always thought you did.

i just got my ct racing pipe and it came with a open tip and a 12 disc spark arrestor tip. i dont know if i should run the 12 discs or the open ended tip, i dont think it would make much of a performance difference would you??

thats if its even legal to run without the spark arrestor.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/makadocious/pipe.jpg

JOEX
09-05-2002, 09:25 PM
I pretty sure you need the spark arrestor. There are also sound restrictions.. I think it s 92db or 93db at The Oregon Dunes and 98db at Sandlake.

Joe

New-400ex_guy
09-05-2002, 09:27 PM
i know that there are bullsh#T sound restrictions but i havent read where you need the spark arrestor.

JOEX
09-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Maybe not. If you decide not to run the spark arrestor, do us all a favor and stay out of the trees and bushes;)

Joe

New-400ex_guy
09-05-2002, 09:42 PM
the dunes could use a good fire or two, more riding areas opened up lol jk ;)

JOEX
09-05-2002, 09:45 PM
I prefer to ride through the trails at the dunes:)

Joe

airheadedduner
09-05-2002, 11:16 PM
You don't need a spark arrester.

CT z400 pipes are awesome, I have read a lot of good things about them. I would put money down that the CT 453 kit will murder the Yosh 450 kit.

The best place IMO to trailride at the dunes is spinreel. I prefer to go out and get big air though

:eek: :D :devil

rhandw69
09-06-2002, 09:16 AM
Ive never seen them go up and check for spart arrestors, but i have seen them check for sound. This past Labor Day Weekend at Sand Lake I seen a guy who was riding with us have on of those Curtis Sparks pipes, get stoped by the local 400ex cop patrol. That thing is LOUD!!! He had it on a Raptor, but i thought the WB pipes were loud. The C.S pipes could be heard from quite a distance. But they sound pretty mean.

big-guy
09-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Spark arresters are required at sand lake, last time I was there, law enforcement was rolling through the campground checking.

The hundred people riding around in the dunes drunk didn't seem to bother them though.

QuadJunkies
09-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know what the DB.level on a Yoshi slip on is?? Im going to the coast next year,I think its at like93-95,but im not sure,and I dont know if i can buy caps for my slip on or not...:confused: I hate to call Yoshi, they done pissed me off!!!Ill go with CT next time in whatever I buy!:blah :mad:

airheadedduner
09-06-2002, 11:58 AM
They are supposed to give you a 2db credit incase there little gizmo messes up so you actully have up to 95db. Some of the people are more strict then others(god help you if you get the fat lady). I have been running my LRD piped R for quite some time and have yet to be stopped. I know for sure the WB slip on in the most restricted setting will pass.

CT Racing is great to deal with, Allen Knowles is really easy going.

out4sand
09-12-2002, 05:11 PM
(god help you if you get the fat lady).

We call her officer gun, she is a real sweetie :rolleyes:

I have a buddy with a Yosh and there is no way his 400 would pass the sound check. They do give you a 2db "pad" but you'd be really surprised at how loud your quad really is when they hook the meter to it. I'm not so sure my lawn mower would pass sound check :D

QuadJunkies
09-12-2002, 11:47 PM
I GOT AN EMAIL BACK FROM THE DEPT. OF REC. OVER IN ORE. AND THEY SAID THAT THE YOSHI RUNS AROUND 100DB. AND THEY SAID THAT MOST PIPES DO GO OVER THE LIMIT,SO I GUESS THE TEC CAPS ARE IN ORDER FOR US:(

New-400ex_guy
09-13-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I GOT AN EMAIL BACK FROM THE DEPT. OF REC. OVER IN ORE. AND THEY SAID THAT THE YOSHI RUNS AROUND 100DB. AND THEY SAID THAT MOST PIPES DO GO OVER THE LIMIT,SO I GUESS THE TEC CAPS ARE IN ORDER FOR US:(

dont worry about it, the tec will rob all you power gains. there is only one sound tester here at our dunes, and ive never seen him. just dont get caught and if you do just put your tec in and they drop the ticket to like 10 bucks.

or just ride on the week days, i have never seen a cop or forest service out.

do they even have decibel limits in idaho? they only reasone we do is because of stupid people complaining about the noise. too bad all the people that come here are contributing money to our community and city :rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
09-13-2002, 11:16 PM
Nope. No limits here!:) I definately dont want a fine,I will probably get the caps just for safe maesures, I kinds thought they would rob me of power:( how much power do they rob me of ?

big-guy
09-13-2002, 11:24 PM
I heard something about having to have a sticker of some sort to ride in idaho, regardless of wether or not the bike is registered in another state. Anybody know anything about that? I know I'm cool in oregon, but it seems silly to have to get a tag in every state.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2002, 11:35 PM
The only thing you need here in Idaho is an Off road sticker,thats itIve rode at St. A's twice this year and thats all they require. Each ajoining state will honor each others,thats what they said ihondas ATV riding course,but they have to be connected.Also, in some counties if they want to be an ***, they can requier you to be reistered (plates)BUT, that is only if you reside in Idaho, not if you are visiting ,they cant expect you to register if you dont live here, but If your state requires it, then they will expect it. Its always good to check with the Dept. of Rec. first..

out4sand
09-14-2002, 09:49 AM
big-guy -

I'm not sure where you are from but we rode St Anthony's this summer and I ask the forest service lady if there was anything special we needed. She said they honor Washington ORV tags as well as my buddies from OR.

QuadJunkies
09-16-2002, 11:58 AM
I thought rather than open a new thread i would add to this one,I had a question on pipes for the mini's???Hope you all dont mind.. Does anyone know what the average DB runs on the mini's with the trinity pipe??I am going to get one for my Daughters Kasea in Dec. but I dont know anyone that has there mini piped:confused: I want to get her more power obviously, and dont want to cap it, since she needs all the power she can get to pull a set of paddles..Can you all give me any info??? thanks:) Tina

out4sand
09-17-2002, 08:54 AM
QuadJunkies - I can't say that I have ever seen the combo that you are thinking about getting but I have seen many LT50's and LT80's that are piped and I have yet to see one that I think is over the DB limit. I'd run the question by Trinity to see what they feel it will run DB wise but I honestly think you'll be fine.