PDA

View Full Version : 406 kit

fastyz85
10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
hey guys just wanted to let all you know how my 406 kit is working for all of you that can't decide on what kit to put into your ex.after some research on here on different kits i found the 406 kit which is a +1mm bore over stock.with my mods of a wiseco 11:1 piston,hotcams stage 1 cam, and all new gaskets.i notced a difference in power from mid to top.for the first few days i didn't push it too hard for the fact that i wanted to break it in right, but yesterday i finally opened her up and wow!now it might not be as much of a difference as the bigger kits like 416,426,and 440 or 460 but for me this was just right since i don't go to a mx track all the time and do mostly woods riding. and even with the bigger bore and piston i still had most of the bottom end compared to a stock bore and piston.so if you want a kit that is still as reliable as the stock engine along with a nice difference in power give the 406 a try.

cals400ex
10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
i thought our 406 kits ran good as well.

4everhonda
10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
My 406 kit runs great. I have a JE 10.8:1 piston, stage 2 hotcam, along with exhaust, and a cdi, 39mm fcr carb and a few other goodies but I can take a stock honda or yamaha 450 with no problem and it still has tons of bottom end. It's almost to the point of too much but I don't want to gear up anymore due to it will go way to fast.... lol I'm more of a trail kind of guy, I'm not all about top end speed. I started off withe the stage 1 hotcam but it didnt pull very hard for the mid to top so I put a stage 2 and now it pulls significantly harder.