PDA

View Full Version : Rootar's 05 crf build

Rootar
10-16-2006, 12:48 PM
here she is motor and frame got here friday and saturday i worked on it till i had to go to work then sunday mounring i finished it out.

still needs the raditor filled (didnt have enogh), put oil in it, tighten and lube chain, and of course put the plastic on it

:D

Rootar
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
here are my radiator brackets i made, i dont work much with aluminum (usually steel) so i think these turned out pretty decent

Rootar
10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
I HAVE TO FIND A NEW THROTTLE SETUP my setup is really really ghetto. thats a clutch perch adjuster that i grined threads of to make it fit jsut perfect and tight and i threaded the end to fit my cable into

what do all you guys run??? will the crf twin cable be modified to work with my thumbthrottle?:confused:

gui96
10-16-2006, 08:02 PM
to use whit the crf carburator use a honda foreman 400es 2001 carburator cable work just fine :macho

400exMO
10-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Nice!
what're you doing with all your old stuff?

416exmx
10-16-2006, 08:49 PM
YFZ450 throttle cable works perfect also.

Rootar
10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
Nice!
what're you doing with all your old stuff?

for sale if ya need anything i prolly have it i was looking and the only thing i need to assemble an entire 400ex is two right side arms and a front brake system lol and some tires and wheels

is that the yfz quad or the yzf bikes cable i would need, im making a trip on wednesday to have this header modified and there are dealerships all around where im going so if there is anything special i need let me know

thanks ahead of time

Rootar
10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
well i started her up this afternoon, cranked right up on the second kick! i was pretty impressed considering i think the last time it was started was in march.

tomorrow damon will fix me up with the throttle cable and setup they use on the crf's he has built and ill have the header fixed (my idle was to high with my setup, so i didnt ride it. i let it idle for about 5 minutes then rode around the shop a couple times in first to warm it up so i could check the oil and then i loaded it up in my truck)

only thing im waiting to get here is my Pro armor nerfs, my AC's wont work and my brother has a set of proarmors on his 400 and they are solid as a tank so i shelled out some extra cash and got me some good nerfs

Rootar
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
......:D this thing is alot LIGHTER. before my frame sit with my arms jsut barely above level now its at least and 1" 3/4ths higher at the frame:ermm: guess i need to re-adjust my shocks

400exMO
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
:( I wish that was my bike. Looks very very good. Have you had a change to ride it?
Also did you buy the rekluse from him?

Rootar
10-17-2006, 08:17 PM
another

Rootar
10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
:( I wish that was my bike. Looks very very good. Have you had a change to ride it?
Also did you buy the rekluse from him?

yea i got the Rekluse from him, its actually the trx rekluse in there and it was setup and tuned by Colby at C&D racing..

here is a picture where you can see the head pipe problem

PismoLocal
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
I just drooled .

Rootar
10-18-2006, 09:25 PM
HOLY SHAT! i got to ride it today on the raod next to damon's shop and WOW i am amazed at fow fast it is, i had no idea id be that much faster and a 450r or Yfz, ive rode plenty of Rs and Yfzs and they dont even come close, honestly. onyl problem is i cant keep the front end down at all, everygear it stays up, i gotta get me a longer swing arm

stocktires
10-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
HOLY SHAT! i got to ride it today on the raod next to damon's shop and WOW i am amazed at fow fast it is, i had no idea id be that much faster and a 450r or Yfz, ive rode plenty of Rs and Yfzs and they dont even come close, honestly. onyl problem is i cant keep the front end down at all, everygear it stays up, i gotta get me a longer swing arm

:D Welcome to the hybrid world

bansheemorphine
10-20-2006, 07:25 AM
what kind of frame did u use is it a stocker? what kind of mods did you have to do to get that motor to work?

Rootar
10-25-2006, 07:34 PM
here ya go dave donts these look purdy, mmm dont ya like those quadtech scoops..... lol im sure youll find some some day.

friday im going to get daniels +1.25 chrome jennassen swingarm then next week ill go back and pick up his PEP big bottle rear shock and the walsh savior linkage. :eek2: this think is gonna ride amazing since he only weighs a lil more than me and this came right off a crf hybrid. :D

now all i need is 13 tooth front sproket and ill be setup, this 15 tooth front has me geared so high that it takes FOREVER to top out in 5th gear, my lil kenda where about 2 inches wide and about 25 inches tall, so i guess that means i was going way to fast, for comparisson we took my lil brothers 400 out with the hybrid and with him toped out i was still in 3rd gear running right beside him

and bansheemorphine its an atvfourpaly frame, i bought the frame with the motor already in it.

Pappy
10-25-2006, 07:38 PM
looks great, was that balls2thewalls frame and engine?

Rootar
10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
yea one of these days man, sorry for teasing ya dave i couldnt help it:devil:

when you gonna have a quad to ride i guess the 250r is gonna be a couple more weeks and im sure as you as you get that yammy back itll break again so its hopeless, im siding with Jay holman on that he said he been trying to tell you that

Rootar
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
yea it is, i know you did the PC what color is it? and btw you mite be seeing a few parts for that color, i kinda like it and i want my lower arms pc'd either stealth black or match the frame? becasue the chrome has rusted thru

Pappy
10-25-2006, 07:54 PM
ill try and see if i can find what color i used...it was a while ago:p

they did a great job converting the frame from what I could see. nice welding etc

Rootar
10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
hopefully itll make it through a whole season of the TQRA if not ill send it back to you and you can sleeve all the rails and put 20 pounds of gussests in there..lol then maybe itll last