PDA

View Full Version : off idle hit

rwgtar68
10-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Ive got a 04 450 with a Big Gun silencer, K&N w/cut air box lid and a Dynojet stage 2 kit. For some reason when I hit the throttle mid way or wide open from idle or low RPM's it sputters or even stalls out????any ideas, Pilot jet???

Colby@C&DRacing
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
try a bigger pilot, different leak jet, adjust the fuel screw or install a boyesen quick shot.

GPracer2500
10-16-2006, 10:18 AM
04/05 carb doesn't have a leak jet and the QS isn't compatable.

Tuning the pilot circuit and turning up the idle a little is where I'd start. Beyond that your looking at tuning the accelerator pump circuit--which is hard to do on the 04/05 carb because it doesn't have the built-in tuning features of the 06 FCR carb.

rwgtar68
10-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Ok I will try a larger pilot and see what happens, how many sizes larger should I go? If this doesnt help then I guess I will just bring up the idle a little bit, it idles low anyway. How exactly would I alter the Accelerator circuit being that it is an 04? Thanks guys!

Colby@C&DRacing
10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
my mistake I read over the 04/05 part :uhoh:

DirtDevilBT
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
nvm the pilot, start playing with the fuel screw on the bottom of the carb. Turn in all the way in until it lightly seats. Then turn it out 1.5 turns. With the quad running idleing, stap the throttle and adjust the screw until throttle responce is perfect. Then try it out. Turn the screw in ot out (lean or rich) until it's good.

If it's a little farther than off throttle you may need to go up on size on the pilot. A 50 will do with fuel screw adjustments also. If it's even farther off idle than that it has to do with you needle. Trial and error. Try it