PDA

View Full Version : Tire Shop

rooster300ex
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
In my town there is only 2 tire shops. 1 of them won't mess with quad tires. And the other gives me ****ty service when I take my tires there. What am I gonna do. Eventually the ****ty service place is gonna say they don't mess with em. I know alot of people do there own tires, but I don't want the headache. This is something I don't even wanna mess with.

Anybody else have this problem?

F-16Guy
10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Quad tires are pretty easy to change once you get the bead broken. I would suggest buying a bead breaker and some tire irons and doing it yourself; you may be surprised how easy it really is. The other option may be to call a local golf course and find out where they get their tires done. If they have their own machine, maybe they'd be willing to change your tires for a few bucks.

bradley300
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM
i agree to just buy a beadbreaker, they are fairly cheap, and usually come with the irons. not to mention its really not hard once you get the hang of it, and it will pay for its self in no time

rooster300ex
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I've seen a guy that had 30 years experience working with tires, and he was having hell getting a tire off a stock honda rim using tire tools and bead breakers. The only was that makes it easy is a machine that has a bead breaker.

86 Quad R
10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
breaking the beeds is by far the tuffest part.