PDA

View Full Version : Trail tech computers

rlozer
10-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Has anyone used one of there computers? Good or bad things? They seem to provide alot of info. They are kinda cheap, I hope there not made cheaply. Any feedback is welcome.

kc8pnd
10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I can't give info on the computer, but I own the fat bar clamp and its really nice. The bars are also trail tech and have never bent, I would say the computer works really well.

PredTldGermany
10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I have a 2005 Predator Troy Lee and live Germany.
Over here you can drive legaly on the road with a quad or ATV providing you register it as a tractor.
To do this your quad has to pass a bi-yearly roadworthyness test and to do so it must have a Speedo, turn lights, fog lights, license plates, mirrors, and a Trailer hook !!
My first two speedos were the sort that just bolt onto your bars, they didn't last long. A few hard landings and my head seemed to keep coming into contact with them smashing the screens.
My third was one of the really small ones you'd put on your mountain bike, it lasted a day.
I just bought a Trailtech dash with Fat bar mounts for my Magura bars and a mounting for the Vapour computer which I also bought.
Havn't fitted it yet but it looks really cool. Quality kit definately though. Not made cheaply at all. Over here it wasn't so cheap. Paid about $ 250.
Once I got it fitted I'll post a pic.

rlozer
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the input. I would love a pic when its on.

10-18-2006, 05:30 AM
some video (http://media.putfile.com/450r-vtrail-tech-vapor-computer)

rlozer
10-18-2006, 08:16 AM
How did you mount yours? I have an Outlaw they don't make a mount for it.

10-18-2006, 08:23 AM
it mounts right on the handle bar with a plastic clamp that is included with the computer...

rlozer
10-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the help. I think I'll be getting one.

10-18-2006, 08:44 AM
good move if you would like that kind of thing...i was debating when i put the one on the 400ex...then after i had it, i knew it was helpful with certain things like knowing how long i could ride ona taknk of gas, maintenance schedules, the time so i could get home to the wife when i was supposed to or more accurately, know how much trouble i was going to be infor being late...etc...

enjoy it