PDA

View Full Version : Trimmed fenders

joker11
10-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Looking at the pictures on here and it seems like the racers trim their fenders. How come? Don't the fenders keep the mud and dirt from hitting you in the face?

gotwarrior
10-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Alot of MX racers run shaved fenders. But you will hardly every see XC racers run them. Some times they do this so they can see their tire better. Some people just think it makes it look better.

ingleful
10-16-2006, 10:05 AM
i shaved mine so i can see my tires....and cusz it looks cool

melloyello
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
To me it looks cool but is not very functional or smart. I don't know exactly why you would want to see the tire. If you can see the tire then whatever it throws out could easily hit you. If you run a groomed track it will be okay I guess. If you do any trail riding you better not cut em.

300ex_#387
10-16-2006, 05:05 PM
I did more because felt more comfortable. Plus that front right fender gets in the way when changing the oil :grr: . It almost feels like you have more room though. It does make it look better depending on who's opinion it is, but I just do it because I feel more comfortable.

joker11
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for answering all my questions guys! and girls. This is a great place for a beginner like me to learn a lot!

rooster300ex
10-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by melloyello
To me it looks cool but is not very functional or smart. I don't know exactly why you would want to see the tire. If you can see the tire then whatever it throws out could easily hit you. If you run a groomed track it will be okay I guess. If you do any trail riding you better not cut em.

I like the look and I like to see my tires. Very funcitonally for me. Depends what kind of rider your are. If there is some mud I wheelie over it and let my back tires get muddy. I like getting dirty when I ride anyways.

Tri-valleyracin
10-17-2006, 01:23 PM
i like seeing my front end and i have more room. more room to work on things too. most of the mud and stuff off the tires fly past cuse its +2 a-arms