PDA

View Full Version : 450R lets go again

clutt225
10-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Well here we go again I ran my first ever flat track race afew weeks back. It was a local event just for fun 5/8 mile horse track. Super fast but any how when I got home I took the quad for a quick rip dow the old rail bed at home and had to walk back home.
My Falicon super crank (wich is a balanced oem crank with falicon rod) had severe bearing failure, this intern has scored the nickasil in the cylinder and the piston. The motor had not much use due to a broken collar bone this season but it had sufferd a major over heat when the fan failed on an other ride. the cam seems to have suffer some heat damage, and I would asume that is what started the bearing failure.

clutt225
10-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Now let the ? begin. If I chose to go with the Falicon screamer kit it uses a moded oem cylinder with a stroker billet crank and Falicon rod what cam should I run with this set up. the hot cam stage 3 was alot of top end wich was nice but a torquier cam would suit my riding style better. any sugestions?

Scott270R
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I feel your pain man, I just put together a brand new engine, I mean everything new, head, valves, cylinder, piston etc. We broke it in and the main bearings locked up destroying the entire motor and seizing the piston/cylinder in the very first race in Jasper.

I am seriously considering just getting another 250R now, I never had these kinds of problems with a simple 2 stroke, I know they don't have the bottom end power but they sure seemed to be much stronger/more reliable when built up for racing. I am so dissapointed, I expected better from Honda.

I race flattrack too man. If you are ever in Florida look me up. I am in the new Southern Flat Track League series right now. Flat Tracking seems to be really getting bigger here in Florida.

Sjorge450R
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
hey clutt,

what year is you R?

clutt225
10-17-2006, 03:25 PM
It is a 04

clutt225
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
anyone here run the falicon screamer kit? I would like to know how it has held up and what kind of power we a talkin.

N300exJ
10-19-2006, 08:54 PM
id like to know too. Im lookin for a better rod/crank/bearing setup. I want this thing to last.(if theres such a thing)

clutt225
10-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I thought the super crank by falicon was a good way to go. It is the stock crank harmonicly ballanced to the wieght of the rod and piston. and has the knife rod on it. Now it may have lasted if I didn't over heat it so bad, but we will never know now. Its toast now.