PDA

View Full Version : Hmf Full Exhaust Help.

Vem YFZ450
10-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Im a newbie. I never done this.

I have a full HMF Full Exhaust with a moose jet kit.
Now I wanted to ask anyone here if I should take it to a shop to install it or I should do it my self.

I never messed around with anything like that.

Should I find tutorials and do it my self.

I dont even know what settings I should put on my jet kit..

Any help for a new that is trying to learn.

05pred58
10-16-2006, 09:22 AM
You can do it yourself it is pretty straight forward just make sure when you put the springs on that go from the headpipe to the flanges that you leave the bolts as loose as possible, put the springs on and then tightin it down. As far as jetting are you running a stock box setup?

Vem YFZ450
10-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by 05pred58
You can do it yourself it is pretty straight forward just make sure when you put the springs on that go from the headpipe to the flanges that you leave the bolts as loose as possible, put the springs on and then tightin it down. As far as jetting are you running a stock box setup?

Im running a stock box..

The Ehaust is my first performance mod.

I just need instructions and pictures how to do it..

I want to learn..

Thanks for the help.

woodside83
10-18-2006, 04:26 PM
putting the pipe on is easy , JUST MAKE SHURE WHEN YOU ARE TAKE THE HEADER NUTS OFF THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STRIP THEM OUT, jetting is easy just turn your carb side ways and and take or the dain nut at the bottom of the carb and take out the pilot jet and main jet just un screw them and then put your pilot jet and main jet back in i dont have any pic but it is real easy

Vem YFZ450
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I got my pipe in today with the along with the jetkit. Looks pretty darn easy.. I seen some pictures..

Im going to do it this weekend...

Hopefully everything works out.

05pred58
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Good luck! But trust me you won't need it.