PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Products

ShiftFMX
10-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey I've decided I'm going to go with the Sparks pipe...Now for the Air filter and Jet kit. Sparks has both of those, but I havent heard too much about them. I have always run K&N in my stuff, but i'm always open to change. I'll be running an open lid as well. Will I be happy with the Sparks air filter? I love how long my K&N's last

BVRLVR
10-16-2006, 07:21 AM
i would run the K&N, thats what i run with the exact same setup, as for the jet kit, just buy the jets you need, it will save you a lot of money

Full X-6 exhaust, no lid, and K&N i run a 190 main and 50 pilot

ghott
10-16-2006, 07:32 AM
I run the Sparks foam air filter for a reason. It has great flow, and provides great filtration for a cheap price. I didn't go with a K&N filter because their filters are only 2-ply, and they don't provide the type of filtration the FCI or DASA cloth based filters do..those being 4-ply. But...the FCI retails for $199 with intake setup, and the DASA retails for $130.

With a Sparks setup, you get great flow, to almost the equal of the K&N, but less than the DASA and FCI, for les than $60. You also get the billet ring to provide a firm, filter-to-intake mount.

The billet mounting ring is why I chose the Sparks over the UNI, which are both great foam filters.

But with any filter, remember that cleaning and re-oiling it often is a must to keep debris out of your engine.

Lonestar_R
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a Sparks Filter and billet mounting ring on my 06...you get both for about 60 bucks for an 06...I wanted the Sparks because of the billet ring....but I will say I won't run a K&N because you can see through them....if you can see through it the dirt is bound to get through it....I like the foam filters better...I have had good luck with my Sparks filter so far

cals400ex
10-16-2006, 04:27 PM
i run a sparks filter as well. i run it because their billet ring is very nice. i do not think their filters are better than a uni but i wanted their billet ring so i got their filter too.

ShiftFMX
10-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I was looking on Sparks' website and they say that their jet kit works perfect for the Pipe and air filter combo. Has anyone had any experiece with their jets??

The Sparks Racing performance jet kit simply supplies you with all of the components necessary to properly tune your 450R’s carburetor with the Sparks exhaust and air supercharger systems. The kit comes with a selection of main jets and the correct jet needle.

http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/images/mrch/prod/norm/prod_norm_00030840.jpg

fandl450r
10-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Jets are jets. I run a Pro Design billet ring with a K&N and a Sparks Std Core. I run a 185 main, stock pilot on my FCR. Pipe is superb quality, you will not be dissapointed.

ghott
10-18-2006, 06:10 AM
Make sure those jets are Keihin factory jets, and not dynojet jets.

Airik79mx
10-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Its just a HRC needle with 182 185 188 190 main jets. They are Keihin jets.