PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Sticking...HELP

MX450
10-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Ok at first I thought it was my cable, so i got a new one, still sticks sometimes. Today I was riding and it stuck so i decided to try and figure it out. The slide in my carb is acctually getting stuck about 1/2 throttle, also i noticed some oil in my airboot, could i have too much filter oil, and be sucking it in to gunk up the carb?

dober250R
10-16-2006, 06:24 AM
I had the same problem, and I changed everything from a new cable, to new springs in the carb and throttle assembly. And I ended up buying a new carb, and it solved my problem. You might want to try buying a new slide.........

86 Quad R
10-16-2006, 07:10 AM
do you have things sealed up really well around where the cable enters the cap and is the cap sealing off properly? the slightest bit of dust or moisture will cause the slide to stick

wilkin250r
10-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I doubt that filter oil is causing your carb to stick.

If you're running the original carb, you might have worn the chrome off the slide. If that's the case, your only option is to get a new carb.

First and foremost, you should take your carb apart and clean it really good. With that, you can inspect the slide, make sure there is no grit inside, and inspect the spring that should be pushing your slide back into place.

There are only three places the throttle can stick. The thumb lever, the cable, and the slide itself. You have already eliminated the cable, I HOPE you inspected and eliminated your thumb. That leaves the slide. So if it's the slide, regardless of what the specific issue is, the first step is to pull the carb out and take it apart.