PDA

View Full Version : 300ex cam bearing and seal probs please help

toby400ex
09-05-2002, 07:33 PM
cam bearing seal problems, yeah you know the seal on the, i think left side of the cylinder head has a seal for the camshaft bearing and it seems to be leaking bearing grease. I have tryed to seal it with an afro engineering technique called silicone sealant and it obviously didnt work:mad: . So now i am thinking that i need to buy a new seal and bearing for that side of the cam, maybe even the other side just incase, please tell me if there is a way to repair this without having to break apart the top end.:D

mxracer08
09-05-2002, 07:56 PM
r u talkin bout the little plastic cover fer the cam. If so, you can loosen up the valve cover(whole big part, not 2 small ones) and put some silicone around it and put it back together. That's what's on there stock. That should fix it. Also check to make sure that the little oil line above it isn't what is leakin. I should have two little copper washers on it and if the one closest to the motor is gone it will leak some. Hope i helped ya a little.

mxracer08
09-05-2002, 07:58 PM
oh yeah, also make sure that the motor is on TDC before you loosen or tighten the valve cover bolts.