PDA

View Full Version : yeah, petcock problem please help

toby400ex
09-05-2002, 07:27 PM
yeah i seem to have more problems than i would like and now it is the darn petcock. i have tightened the big arse nut at the tank and it came loose, then i put some lock tite on it and i guess the gas ate it. i am going to tighten it alot now hoping i wont break it. there arent any missing o rings that i can see but if anyone has had this prob please give me some advice.:mad: :(

kc 300EX
09-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Mine did the same thing, came loose while I was riding once, I had to take it all apart in the middle of the trail to tighten it. I just tightened the **** outta the big nut and its been fine

toby400ex
09-06-2002, 05:04 PM
well i tryed the same thing about 4 times and now i tightened the damn thing too much and the threads on the petcock piece a shnit are gone it pulled the nut off. Well now i have to order another one for like 50 bucks from service honda and miss a big weekend of riding with my friends. Im tellin ya im about to give up trying to keep up with all shnit going wrong on this thing and light the damn thing on fire the next time it leeks gas, since the new petcock will probably still leek then i will find out it was somethin else that costs less or more.