PDA

View Full Version : Grizzy Carb problems - HELP

Fear-Nuttin
10-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I have a '03 Grizzly. I purchased it used this spring. It worked fine for a few months..then the problems started. It's been in the shop 3 times for a carb cleaning.

If the bike sits for a few weeks, It won't start. Two seperat shops said the float and pin was "gummed up" in the carburator. IS THIS NORMAL?? My Honda never had that problem in 5 years.

What should I do. At $200 each cleaning, it's getting to expensive to ride. PLEASE HELP with any suggestions.

Thanks!
Fred

MadMax27
10-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Can you fit a small in-line fuel filter? My brothers KX100 had the same problem, until we totally disassembled the carb and hit it with compressed air, then carb cleaner, re-assembly...Fine ever-since.

MadMax27
10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Also check your air-filter, dirty, or if any places debris can freely enter carb...

Fear-Nuttin
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I've sent it to the shops 3 times. They took the carb off, cleaned it all up and put it back together. The bike worked very good for the few times I rode it, but after it sits for about 2 weeks, the problem comes back.

Is there anything I can add to the fuel? This is a huge problem. Is this something that the Yamaha (Mukuni) carbs are known for?

Thanks!!

firefighterjosh
10-15-2006, 10:42 PM
I wold make sure the shop is putting the filter back in correctly. My friend bought a grizz from a local dealer and the put the filter in upside down:huh The lid wouldn't close causing debri to get into the carb