PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

cobradaler
10-15-2006, 09:32 AM
just checking to see if there was any interest in a new exhaust set up? I have more pics if interested.

cobradaler
10-15-2006, 09:33 AM
one more.

CannondaleRider
10-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Hey, I noticed the "Action" sticker on your swingarm.

Does that happen to be Action Motorsports out of Buckeye, AZ....They have the exact same logo, so I figured it was.

Just curious

cobradaler
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
it could be it was on the quad when i bought it.

happyboy
10-16-2006, 12:12 PM
hehe, such a small world. And these machines really show just how small it is. I bet we could play a game like the Kevin Bacon game with some of these things.

CannondaleRider
10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
I was good friends with the guy that had the company....Action built a-arms for a couple years, not sure if they are doing it anymore.

cobradaler
10-20-2006, 06:35 PM
heres a pic of a dual set up i made for a predator

cobradaler
10-20-2006, 06:36 PM
more pics

Katz_2003
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Where are the duals for the Cannoride?? I want some pics

cobradaler
11-03-2006, 10:27 AM
there in the same place as the yamanostart.

cobradaler
11-04-2006, 04:00 PM
here is the pics of the duals.

cobradaler
11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
one more

cobradaler
11-04-2006, 04:02 PM
if there is any interest in this set up let me know.

armoks
11-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Two things..What are you doing about the rear brake resivor line and the rear shock.

Cdales already had a problem with rear shock fading due to exhaust heat. Looks klike you are just surrounding the shock with heat now.

wanablaze
11-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Chris,
By splitting the exhaust (heat energy), the outside air has more of a cooling affect on the pipes. Basically, there is a larger cooling surface and the heat is less concentrated (more dissipation).

Cobradaler explained somewhere that a remote reservoir rear shock is needed for his exhaust. Testing will soon show how well it works.

armoks
11-05-2006, 01:21 PM
You are still going to have a lot of heat off of the exhaust. I can see if it was a quad that the pipe comes from the front of the motor where it has time to cool down but here its coming right off of the head right before the shock.

Could he do a ceramic coat to try to keep some of that heat off of it?

the remote ressy is a given because a piggyback is right where the second pipe goes around the shock.

cobradaler
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
im going to check on ceramic coating.

wanablaze
11-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by armoks
You are still going to have a lot of heat off of the exhaust. I can see if it was a quad that the pipe comes from the front of the motor where it has time to cool down but here its coming right off of the head right before the shock.

Could he do a ceramic coat to try to keep some of that heat off of it?

the remote ressy is a given because a piggyback is right where the second pipe goes around the shock.

You're right and you make a good point about the rear brake reservoir. Wouldn't want that fluid to boil. :eek2:

True Blue
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I personally think it will be okay, as long as you don't sit there and let it idle forever. If you do that it would get hot with the piggy back on there with the stock exhaust. The new raptors have a piggy back shock on them and the looney tune exhaust comes out right beside the resevior. I am sure they did some testing on it before releasing. You are getting air flow through there as you riding. I could be wrong but those are just my thoughts.

happyboy
11-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Mike and I actually talked about both of these items. He has a couple of inches of clearance on the brake rezzy so it shouldn't be an issue. As for the rear shock, we are going to start by tapeing the pipe just in the area around the shock. Ceramic coating is great but it pushes the heat right into the can, burning up the packing faster and discoloring the can. We are currently exploring some options so nothing is set right now. Great input though.

Sean

cobradaler
11-11-2006, 08:56 PM
did some dynoing today put the hmf against the fmf against the nmotion in the singles and then dynoed the nmotion duals and wow. i will try and post the charts in a few days.

shano
11-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Im interested in the nmotion single, I race mx and would probably need a quiet core if possible... Let me know if I could test any of them out:D

cobradaler
11-12-2006, 09:25 AM
yes there is quiet cores, they have race quiet cores and plain quiet cores.

guy310
11-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I think if heat were a problem, it would have already been a problem before with placement of the pipe. I have never had any fade issues with the rear shock and have never even heard of that problem, so I think it may be non-existent. To transfer the heat to either the shock or the rear brake reservoir, the two would have to be virually touching each other and they are not. I will be the first in line for one of these dual setups.

cobradaler
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM
i will have dyno results and prices shortly.

armoks
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm suprised guy310 that these arn't running so hot with those lean maps Tim has been posting. YOu must have not been riding too hard because every quad has problems with shocks fading thats why a lot of manufatures have gone to remote rezzies. any extra heat from a pipe is going to have an effect on performance.

armoks
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
cobradaler, I like what you are doing but try to get that heat away from the shock, if it's hot enough to melt the rubber on the oil return line the we got a problem on the shock.

cobradaler
11-13-2006, 06:05 AM
im going to use exhaust heat tape around each pipe past the shock that should take care of any problem.

Katz_2003
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Where are the dyno numbers at????? I wanna see some power from one of those ummmm, oh yea...CanNoRide? And I got my new gasket put on the ol YamaNoStart, but now you cant call it that anymore because it fires right up when there isnt water on top of the piston! Anyways...i'll be back home this weekend and all next week cause we have no school, so i'll give you a call and we'll have to go out and ride a little bit.

cobradaler
11-16-2006, 08:22 PM
cool let me know when u get to town we will go ride. scott will be home fri.

Katz_2003
11-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Still no dyno numbers or what? How much hp you got on that thing like 45? or maybe 46?? Guess we'll have to find out what she'll do against the ol Raptor this weekend. And chris says he'll bring his to town and maybe get kevins out...cause he wants to know what his yfz will do against a 54hp cannondale.

armoks
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by armoks
cobradaler, I like what you are doing but try to get that heat away from the shock, if it's hot enough to melt the rubber on the oil return line the we got a problem on the shock.

quote again on this!!

cannondale27
01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
I think most of the guys who will be buying this dual exhaust if it works are mostly going to be Dragging it or maybe Duning where the max power is needed with those larger pipes.From the looks of it there really isnt any other routing that could be done with power in mind.Maybe if it works well a compromise smaller dia. pipe can be used like the pipes we have now.Then you would have a ton MORE clearance than any pipe we have now.As for shock fade it happens but thats easy to correct.More a factor of the shock than heat from exhaust.Could make a carbon fibre or sheetmetal guard easy enough.I just hope this performs!

cannondale27
01-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I think most of the guys who will be buying this dual exhaust if it works are mostly going to be Dragging it or maybe Duning where the max power is needed with those larger pipes.From the looks of it there really isnt any other routing that could be done with power in mind.Maybe if it works well a compromise smaller dia. pipe can be used like the pipes we have now.Then you would have a ton MORE clearance than any pipe we have now.As for shock fade it happens but thats easy to correct.More a factor of the shock than heat from exhaust.Could make a carbon fibre or sheetmetal guard easy enough.I just hope this performs!

8my_Cash
02-18-2007, 05:19 PM
the outside heat from the exhaust isn't really too much of a factor on the shock fade. it might help speed up fade, but shock fade is more of an internal heat disapation problem. if that dual setup gets hot enough to make the internals and resi heat up to create shock fade thats one hell of a hot exhaust.

also i wouldnt think that the dual setup would create more heat than the single setup. just think of it this way. before it was one pipe to exhaust the heat that was right next to the shock, now there are 2 pipes transfering the same amount of heat from the motor. so in contrast there is the same amount of heat as the single outlet exhaust design just more surface area to cool the gases from the use of dual outlets.

thats just my 2 cents. im just giving an opinion base on the little knowledge i kno :D maybe ill be proved wrong with proof since i have no proof to back up my opinion hahaha

ida400ex
03-19-2007, 11:47 AM
how much would a single slip-on for my 400ex cost me? these things look sick!

cobradaler
03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
i havnt built one for a 400ex yet but i dont think it would be to hard just need to find a 400ex to look at.