PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Danzanzio
10-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Alright me and my dad just finished rebuilding my 400ex's engine. well we had my bike and an extra engine and well the guy that sold us both of them said the top end of the engine(thats off the bike) was good but the bottom wasnt(something was wrong with the gears he said) and well my bike was burning oil so we decided to switch the top ends and replace a couple gaskets and the clips that hold the piston rod to the piston.

So we finished that last night and I put all the fenders and everything back on today and now i go to try it out and somethings wrong. It's kind of hard to explain but whenever i press the throttle it slows down and then kinda picks up a little bit. But it doesn't go very fast it doesnt have that high sound when i press the throttle(like when your in first and you press the gas you can hear its in high RMP's) it a low sound.

So can anyone please help me? Do i need to adjust the valves? or do i need to adjust something on the carb? PLEASE HELP cuz I wanna go riding today!