PDA

View Full Version : Having an aftermarket frame without nerfs?

Glamis400ex
10-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Is there anyway or a special type footpeg that would allow me to remove the nerfs from a Houser frame and just run regular footpegs? If I cut the hoop off the nerfs will the peg stay in place? I don't like nerfs but like the aftermarket frame.

Glamis

CannondaleRider
10-15-2006, 12:15 AM
1. Why don't you like nerfs? I don't see what would be a con to nerf bars.

2. Just cutting of the nerfs and leaving the pegs? Bad idea.

3. Why exactly do you think you need an aftermarket frame? Thats a lot of dough that I would personally spend elseware unless the frame was absolutely needed.

Glamis400ex
10-15-2006, 08:52 AM
1)I just don't like them...is there anything wrong with that? I never said there was anything wrong with running them. I don't need them.

2)OK...

3)Never said I NEEDED an aftermarket frame. I'm buying a decked out used CRF hybrid....with a Houser frame. I'd rather have a strong frame built for the motor vs. a stock conversion that will be possibly weaker.....for the same price. I don't race....dunes only.

Relax dude....If don't know something I ask.

Glamis

rollie
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd be willing to bet you could get a fabracation shop to mount up a set of Roll pegs

wishmasstir
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
you might be able to cut the nerf off and leave the peg itself. just drill down through the tube and pro-peg and bolt them on in 2 spots or something. i dont think this would weaken the pegs but maybe someone else could chime in on this... or you could take the tube on the frame and make a footpeg that slides over it and then drill down through the tube as i already said...or make some plates and cut teeth in them and weld them in the correct position on the tube....

aside from those options, i have no idea what you could do. if its a real pro-peg frame personally i'd leave the pro-peg nerfs on it. other than just not liking them i know a few people who ride in the woods a lot dont like them cause they cant put their foot down if they tip it up on the side. but they do like they when they are rolling down a hill and can grab the nerf to try to hold the quad :devil: