PDA

View Full Version : What Next for Performance

coolhuh
10-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I have a 2005 YFZ450 SE with Elkas, Houser +2 a-arms, +4 rear axle, HMF exhaust, Ron Woods air box eliminator with K&N, Hot Cams, NCVQ needle, chain roller relocator, port & polish in process. What next for performance?
I mainly ride at the dunes.

pelphrey
10-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Looks like your done..Time to sell it. HAHA jkjkjk..

Being real have you ever thought about a steering stablizer?? I don't know what type of riding you do but these can lower arm fatigue there for not making tired as fast from arm pump. If you knew that then I explained a little too much.

coolhuh
10-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I have looked at steering stabilizers, but how effective would it be at the dunes?

beastlyone
10-14-2006, 10:37 PM
some holeshot HD's 20 inch or maxxis razr II's in the back, bore out the carb to 41mm, retard the exhaust cam 1 tooth, if you want to make it just a beast and not be able to race it something like a falcon crank or big bore kit to 480cc, longer swingarm like +2, maybe a 14 tooth front sprocket, high compression piston like 12.5:1 or 13:1 at most (12.5:1 if you want to run pump gas still, and a new cdi box. Other then that you pretty much maxed that puppy out man. And hopefully this made sense im runnin on about 3 hours sleep haha

pelphrey
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by coolhuh
I have looked at steering stabilizers, but how effective would it be at the dunes?

I don't know if you would need a stabilzer at the dunes. Never rode on sand, so someone who has can answer that question better.

But like beastlyone said a cdi would add a very nice touch to the yfz. The dyna CDIs are top of the line and from what I have looked at on my dyna programming kit you can make full adjustsments to the bike. As well as log data.

It will log the number of starts, total time engine at WOT, total operating time, longest continuios WOT time, maximum engine speed, time near rev limit.

Of course to program it you must buy the programming kit seperate. But its a must have if you have the dyna. Check this link out for more information:

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/atv_fs.htm#DFS712P

panteramatt
10-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Only 2 things I would do to that beast. Bore the carb to 41mm from sredrum, and put a custom high compression cp piston in it and it will be NASTY!!!!!!!!!

whoamack22
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
how much does it cost for sredrum to do the carb? does itmake tha much difference? im thinking i want to get the carb done

panteramatt
10-26-2006, 02:49 PM
I think its $125 and yes it adds around 3 hp to the upper end.

coolhuh
10-26-2006, 04:06 PM
How do I find sredrum?

panteramatt
10-26-2006, 04:48 PM
PM'd ya.